TTC Baby #1 w/ PCOS

Pebbles08

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I am new to forum, long time lurker.

I am just after some kind of advice really on what steps to take. I realise there are thousands of posts on here probably asking the same thing so I am sorry for any repeat issues.

My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years now (married 6 weeks) before that we were not preventing for around 2 years also. It's only since we have got married we have decided to really try.

As the title suggests I have been diagnosed with PCOS (around 2years ago) and I have found it a struggle ever since. I feel I am lucky in the sense that I do still have regular periods, I was told at the hospital I don't however always ovulate. I am not sure if that's normal or not, I have tried reading lots on the internet about PCOS but can find it all abit overwhelming and even contradicting at times.

So my periods have always been 31 days, along side that I normally have a 'mid bleed period' at the time I should be ovulating (around day 10 to 20). This 'mid bleed period' is very light and I am also told this can be common in women with PCOS. My 'normal period' is very heavy and always clotty and lasts 7 days.

I should mention that when I went to the hospital and was diagnosed with PCOS I was given a 3 month supply of Clomid. I took the first months tablet, went to the hospital and they told me I had infact ovulated. We were so happy with this, then in the next sentence they told me that due to changing regulations I was no longer able to take Clomid due to my weight. I am very overweight, and according to that flipping NHS BMI scale I would need to bring my weight to about 11 stone before I could take the tablets. I was then told to come back in 6 months and if I had lost the weight I could have the tablets. Unfortunately with around 8 stone to lose this didn't happen and I was no longer a patient for the treatment. Told to go away, lose the weight and start the process again. Ok fine I accept that.

Now, when we got married my period was due on our honeymoon so I took the period delay tablet, not sure of the name now, but it was prescribed by my doctor. The tablet did sort of delay my period but I was still bleeding very lightly at different times throughout the holiday, maybe I took them at the wrong times or different times each day, not sure on that one.

Sorry this post has turned out longer than I thought! Nearly done.. Once we returned from our honeymoon I stopped the tablets, my period returned and all was well. Until my next period didn't come last weekend as expected, it's still not arrived. Instead I have this brown discharge only when I wipe, this has been going on for over a week on and off. This morning we decided to take a pregnancy test, thinking maybe the tablets had tricked my body. Unfortunately though it was negative. Maybe I am just feeling sorry for myself, we are obviously devastated of this outcome.

I would really appreciate someone sharing any experiences of anything like this or where to even start with TTC with PCOS. Possibly also worth mentioning I am low on iron and folic acid and have been taking tablets for about 6 months and am due a blood test for this in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...7590-pcos-buddies-10-bfp-94.html#post37651377

Join us PCOS ladies on the thread above.

I think the delay pills will have mucked your cycle around. It's almost like taking the pill for a bit to be honest. Have you had recent bloods done to see what your hormones are doing? Metformin can be prescribed if you are struggling to lose weight and are insulin resistant.

PCOS Diva website is very good to explain things. Also there are a wealth of books available. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->