TTC Baby #1

Babyme816

Reaction score
My Love and I have been TTC for 7 months now. We are in our 20s and are a little discouraged. We are aware it sometimes takes years, and timing is everything, just looking to talking to others in our boat!

I have been off bc for 5 months, we have been actively trying for the past 3 months. We are also in our mid 20s! Currently in the 2ww!

Hi ladies! I am also TTC #1. I am 30 years old and have actively been trying for 5 months. However, I've been having very irregular cycles (153 days, 70 days 40 days and currently on CD 80!) so I've only ovulated 3 times in 7 months :( I have a very large complex cyst on my left ovary that I just found out yesterday, will have to be surgically removed. Doctor also said she is going to do a chromotubation during the laparoscopic surgery. SO hopefully I will get a nice BFP after that. Sorry for so much information lol but I would love to be "buddies" with you girls!

Hi there! My hubby and I are 29 and have been trying for 9 months now. I have been having regular cycles since stopping birth control pills- I was on them for 11 years! It has been discouraging but we are still just hoping that it will happen when it is meant to! Hoping we get a BFP at least by the 1 year mark!

Amber- do you use opks and/or chart?

I've been just keep track of my cycle usinf fertility friend. I used to temp but with working night shift I found that it wasn't very accurate for me and caused more stress. I have not tried OPKs yet, but may if it takes more than a year!

I'm 28, my partner is 27 and we have been TTC for 11 months now. Using OPKs for several months and temping for the last 2 months. I can say that my OPKs are sometimes confusing but when used in conjunction with temping they make SO MUCH MORE SENSE! Wish I had been temping for longer! My cycles are somewhere between 28-39 days, so although not regular as clockwork they don't seem nearly as bad as some other people's.

Going to see the doctor next week about starting to get some investigations done, feeling a bit nervous about it all. DH is a bit down on himself and convinced there's something wrong with him. However I have a suspicion that it could be me - I had a scan a few years ago for a different reason showing I have a bicornuate uterus (a uterus that hasn't formed as well as it could have - instead of being a triangle its a heart shape) and I suspect I may have endometriosis as well. Who knows though, maybe it's both of us?

Anyway, would love some buddies. Last month was difficult for me when I had another BFN, as I'd convinced myself that it was happening that month. Naive, I know, but it left me shattered. I'm on the way back up now, but it wasn't a great time. Would be nice to have some people to talk to :)

Hi purple!
I agree, temping and using OPKs make everything very clear.

What would need to be done if your uterus development is the problem? I hope you get some answers soon! Keep us posted!

I wish I would have sought out some answers earlier on. I have had crazy cycles for the last 3 years and didn't think twice about it other than I was "irregular" I liked only having 4 or 5 periods a year! Well TTC and ovulating 4 or 5 times in 12 months is NOT ok! Hopefully getting this endometrioma removed will help with that. I hope you get your BFP soon

Hi ladies,

I'm brand new to the whole trying thing. We had an oops last month that ended in a very early miscarriage, maybe 3 or 4 weeks, while on bc and him pulling out. It did make us realize that we're both very much ready to start a family. I'm 22 and he's 27. I came off of the BC on May 9 and had a "period" May 13th to the 17th.

Since I had a MC does that mean I was already ovulating before I came off of the pill? We gave it the first shot last night, so fingers crossed. Probably won't start charting or anything unless it takes a few months.

I could definitely use some buddies in this!

Hi Towwife! First of all, I am sorry for your loss :(.
It is impossible to get pregnant without ovulating, so yes, you had to be. It's difficult to get pregnant without BC, so it's crazy you were able to conceive while on it. Did you have a lapse in days by mistake?
Anyway, we are here for you on this journey! It sounds like you are on cycle day 10 or 11, so if you have regular cycles, you should be getting ready to ovulate this weekend! So lots of BDing in your future :)

However, temping is really the only way you can confirm if you've ovulated. I know it sometimes takes women several cycles after coming off of BC to ovulate regularly or have regular cycles again. Not always the case but, I wanted you to be aware!

Good luck!

Hi tbfromlv! It is absolutely crazy that we conceived while on BC. I still have no idea how, honestly. I was taking it RELIGIOUSLY at the same time every night. I guess things just happen when they're supposed to.

I'm on CD 11 today, and I've been monitoring my CM and that is definitely showing signs of O time in the near future. If i go right back to my pre pill cycle of 28 days like clockwork, my O day is this Saturday.

Unfortunately, DH has a VERY low drive, so I think we've made the compromise BD twice a week instead of once a week like before. That was a much larger victory than I can even emphasize haha.

I'm thinking we'll shoot for Wednesday and Saturday every week. Not as often as I'd prefer, but definitely better than once a week with only a three day gap in between.

If we don't get a BFP within the next month or so, I'll start temping and taking OPKs and he agreed to BD more, but this is our first month trying, so we're going in with a more relaxed approach instead of stressing it right away.

I hope your cycle is already back to normal! FX'd for you! I understand not trying to stress it. TTC is more stressful than I thought it would be!

Thank you, tbfromlv! FX'ed for you as well! How long have ya'll been TTC?

Hello ladies! On month 8 and in the tww .... ttc is so much more stressfull than i imagined... hope you are all keeping positive minds! Test day tomorrow please send those good vibes my way !

Hello lovelies :3 I'm also TTC #1. I had a BFP back in December, and had an MC back in February. So took some time away to myself. My now ex-husband had a mental break down and left, but I have a long time friend who is willing to help me by being a donor for me. So I'm on my O today, so we tried, and I am beginning the TTC process all over again :) can't wait to see all the lovelies here get their BFP and make some friends with the fellow TTC #1ers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->