TTC baby 3 while bfing - 2 days late but bfn

LoPanda

Mama to 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Hello, it's been a while since I've been on here!

We are trying to get pregnant with baby 3 and have been for about the last 8 months.

We also have an almost 3 yo and an 18 month old. I am still breastfeeding the littlest. We got pregnant with both of them first month of trying.

My cycles are usually 25 days on the dot but I am now 2 days late. Tested day due and today with cheapies and still bfn. With my first two I got a bfp 2 days before period due so I'm not hopeful.

I think I did ovulate late this month so perhaps this is why I am late or not getting a bfp. The waiting is killing me! Think I'll wait another 2 days and test again.

Don't know if its all in my head or I am poorly and its unrelated but I am having crazy hot flashes and feeling v ssick.

Anyone else ttc no. 3? Or breastfeeding while TTC? Or just at a similar cycle stage? Say hi! Lo x

We're trying for No. 2 and I'm still breastfeeding at 15 months, but it took 18 months and 1 IVF cycle with our first child, so I'm expecting it to take a while if it happens. How soon did you have your first postpartum period? Mine came three days after my son's first birthday, but he had just started dropping his nursing sessions a few weeks before. I was always extremely regular before we conceived (usually 23-25 days), and they've been all over the place since my cycle returned 35 days, followed by 19 days, followed by 30 days.

Toni Weschler's Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book to read on how to keep track of your cycle by taking your basal body temperature and checking cervical fluid and your cervix position to determine when you're ovulating. It's definitely worth checking out - you should be able to find it at your local library or Amazon. Good luck!

I got mine back about 3 months after she was born, both times and been pretty regular. Thanks for the book reccomendation and good luck ttc yourself xx

Now 3 days late and been sick as a dog all day, notnaure if its a bug though as both my girls been poorly all week with chicken pox and colds. L x

We are ttc#3. First 2 were conceived very easily but it looks like I'll be heading into cycle 4 this time . Feeling pretty discouraged.

Hi Steph, sounds like us - we expected to fall fairly easily again after having no trouble first and second time!

I am 4 days late today, had small amount of pink spotting this morning once then a tiny bit of brown and nothing at all since so testing again tomorrow if my period still doesn't show.

Have a horrible sick bug which is making it more stressful!

L x

Good luck with the test tomorrow! Have my fingers crossed for you! I got a bfn last night with a frer at 11dpo so now I'll try to hold out until af is due on monday. Getting bfn after bfn is so depressing!

I *think* I got a faint bfp this morning!! 4 days late and nothing else since spotting yesterday. With my first two I got positives a few days before period due so thought I was out this time. It is so depressing seeing bfn after bfn I have got through soo many tests these last few months!

Testing again tomorrow and hopefully line will be stronger! L x

Bit more of a bleed this afternoon, not enough to need a pad but a bit of blood on wiping. Worrying me to death so I hope bfp is stronger in the morning!!

Omg LoPanda!!!!!!!! That it so exciting!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for a stronger bfp!

No idea what is going on with me. Still bleeding on and off. Hardly anything on pad but there when I wipe, few very small clots in night so not looking good. Faint bfp still there today but will see what happens :s

Aw good luck! Hopefully the spotting stops soon.

It's game over for me. Af came and now I am officially on cycle 4. Boooo.

Oh no I'm so sorry Steph :(best of luck for next cycle though. :hugs:

I'm still in limbo. Still bleeding very very lightly on and off and generally feel dreadful, having hot flushes all night etc.

This morning through I'm sure my bfp is darker, I've attached picture - any thoughts?

How long after a chemical would it take to get a bfn?

Phone doctor yesterday and they said to take it really easy for a week and if still in limbo like this phone them and they'll book an early scan for when I'm around 6 weeks.

She said there was no point in doing hcg bloods but I'm not sure!

L x

Attachments

• IMG_20140915_091835.jpg
    IMG_20140915_091835.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 10
That's actually looking really good for an ic! With dd2 the ics were bfn/really faint until I was over 5 weeks pregnant while the frer was much darker. Have you taken any other brands?

I don't agree with your doctor. It's true from a medical point of view doing hcgs wont change the outcome but at least you'd know if things are looking good or not. If the hcg is doubling nicely then the spotting can be put down to implantation and you'd be able to relax a little (which would also be better for the baby). An ultrasound at 6 weeks will be nice if there's a heartbeat but sometimes it doesn't show that early in which case you'd still be in limbo. I'd really push for an hcg if I were you! I have a good feeling though by looking at your test, will keep everything crossed for you. Let me know how it goes!

Still a lovely line lo, wishing you lots of luck :dust:

So sorry Steph :hugs:

Thank you lovelies. I am going back to doctors Friday, bleeding is on and off but bfps definitely getting stronger. Just taken a cheapie not with fmu and its a really good strong line - daren't get any hopes up though with bleeding, just want to know if somethings wrong or not :s

xx

Hi! We're NTNP (read: he's not bothered, I'm obsessed!). Bf 16mthold & had one AF.

Hope your bleed turns out to be IB. I've got the same today (Cd29) not sure when I ov'd. Think it's all a bit up in the air when bfing :wacko:

How exciting! Probably just IB. We are also Ttc #3 and I'm still BFing my 12 month old.

I'm still bleeding, been a week now, but testing every day and definitely still positive, and got darker.

No idea what is going on, going to go back to doctor next week and hopefully they'll book me for an early scan then!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->