TTC baby no 2

Flutterly

Mummy to Zachary
Reaction score
I can’t believe I am actually saying this but we are finally TTC baby number two! We already have one ds who was three in September and it is my dream to give him a sibling. SO here we start our journey. Last time took 3 months and my periods were all over the place. So far since coming off the pill they have been pretty even. I have my fingers crossed! I was on this site 4 years ago when we were trying to conceive our boy so it’s a bit weird to think I’m back again hehe!

Hi flutterly

We are in a similar situation. My son just turned 3 in August and we have decided to try to give him a sibling. Took us three months last time too :)

We are now in cycle 2 TTC number 2. Currently in the two week wait.
Do you have any preference on the gender this time round?

Joy x

Hi Joy,

How exciting and it’s lovely to have someone in exactly the same position. I don’t have a preference, although we have a lot of boy stuff sitting in the loft so financially a boy would be better haha! I do love the idea of Zach having a brother but I’ll be happy with whatever is given to me. How about you?

Lisa

Same as you. Thinking boy would be cute and financially easier! It's funny as I was secretly disappointed when I found out my first was a boy.

Whereabouts in your cycle are you? I'm 3dpo today.

I am so rubbish with the whole ovulation thing but according to my dates, the last few days would have been my most fertile and we dtd last night (sorry TMI!) for the first time without contraception! My af is due on the 7/8th December!

I was really pleased it was a boy because I thought it was! I haven’t been let down either – he is amazing!

Hey there! Really similar to you as well. DS turned three in the summer and here we are trying again. Would love to get pregnant right away but we will see. Took us 3 months last time too.

That's great scomfy. Looking at the people I know in real life and going by the comments I get you'd think I was really weird for not having a second child before my first was 3. My mum and sister in law In particular 'joke' that my child will be at university before I get round to another one. :/

Best of luck to you both. I'm 4dpo and deliberately not symptom spotting this month. I had such weird symptoms last month that I was convinced I was pregnant

Good luck!

Hi ladies :)

So happy I found this post! I'm also in the same situation as you ladies. Son is turning 3 in January and this is our second month oficially ttc no 2!! We were ntnp for the last 7 months. First time around also took us 3 months!!

Af came today after a terribly long cycle with delayed ovulation bcoz of B6 supplement. Taking it easy this month with only a multivit and opk's + charting.

I would loooooove a girl!! we already have a ds!

Hope we can all stick around till we have our bfps!

I have this issue that my natural period symptoms are exactly that of pregnancy symptoms! Last month I knew I couldn’t be pregnant but I was getting cramping, felt sick, big boobs! Happens every ruddy month! I met an amazing bunch of ladies on here last time round and we are all still in touch on Facebook have a special group just for us!). We were all due the same time and it’s been amazing watching our bubbies grow up!

Yip same with me. Met two ladies on here last time and we are still friend on facebook too! They both had their 2nd babies already this year.. so its time for me to come to the party! :)

I have this thing where i feel kinda nauseous the week before af, so personally I do not take any symptoms before af seriously. Last time round the ONLY symptom I had was bigger boobs however I took progesterone after ovulation so that could also have been the reason.

My first pregnancy was also symptom-less. No nausea, no vomiting.. just mood swings.

It's funny you say that, I've had some comments as well about not having another one. For us, we love DS so much but he was a huge handful! So we wanted to space them out more. Now I feel if I get pregnant it'll be more manageable. My pregnancy was rough in the beginning with a ton of nausea but that ended around 16 - 17 weeks then was pretty smooth sailing after that. Kind of hoping for a girl this time but we will be happy either way!

Hi, I have a daughter who will be 4 next February. It took us 3years and a mc to conceive her. I was here that time too and found a bunch of ladies I'm still in touch with on Facebook. Yes, we had all that "need a little brother or sister" from a lot of people. My pregnancy was tough with hyperemesis so I was in and out of hospital with dehydration. I wanted to start ttc again a long time ago but hubby is too scared I'd be that sick again and wouldn't be able to take care of our dd. Anyway, I convinced him in June and coil came off. I have ovarian cysts but metformin helped me make them regular. I'm 5 dpo today and so far had a few symptoms but I usually have bad pms with pregnancy symptoms so not very hopeful. But fingers crossed for all of us xxxxxxx

Hi, I have a daughter who will be 4 next February. It took us 3years and a mc to conceive her. I was here that time too and found a bunch of ladies I'm still in touch with on Facebook. Yes, we had all that "need a little brother or sister" from a lot of people. My pregnancy was tough with hyperemesis so I was in and out of hospital with dehydration. I wanted to start ttc again a long time ago but hubby is too scared I'd be that sick again and wouldn't be able to take care of our dd. Anyway, I convinced him in June and coil came off. I have ovarian cysts but metformin helped me make them regular. I'm 5 dpo today and so far had a few symptoms but I usually have bad pms with pregnancy symptoms so not very hopeful. But fingers crossed for all of us xxxxxxx

I hope you conceive quickly this time around! holding thumbs for a bfp this month!

I have been having loads of little crampy feelings today - it's probably nothing but it's just unusual. I'm not due on until a week on Monday so it can't be my period!

I have been having loads of little crampy feelings today - it's probably nothing but it's just unusual. I'm not due on until a week on Monday so it can't be my period!

That's what I had with my pregnancy with DS. . Thought they were probably nothing but turned out to be something! Good luck :)

Hi ladies do you mind if I join too? I am also ttc #2. With my dd we conceived second month and here we are on cycle 7 this time (came off bcp 10 cycles ago) and am in the tww. My little girl will be 4 at the end of January. I also met a bunch of lovely ladies all due at the same time (we were using cbfm) and a few who joined us later. We have a group on Facebook too. And they have nearly all gone on to have more with 1 lady currently pregnant nearing the end. Would be lovely to have a group of ladies to chat to again in the same circumstance. I have also had all the wouldn't you like another, I bet that makes you broody, isn't it time for a little brother or sister, I need another grandbaby etc. Especially because we delayed and now it's taking a while it's hard to hear.

Baby dream, I hope it happens sooner for you this time. If i think 7 months has been hard it does put it into perspective, 3 years must have been a hard journey for you.

Good luck to us all x

Babydream, hope it happens a lot sooner for you this time... fingers crossed.

Hey _dreamer_, welcome, hope this is your month too :)

Thank you ladies, I hope so too. I'm 10Dpo today and tested bfn with fmu. I tried to check my cervix last night which I don't usually do andon seemed quite high and soft and had loads of creamy cm. My nipples are burning sometimes and bbs are getting more tender day by day. Temp is still up so that's good. I'm gonna try not to poas until sat-sun xx baby dust to you all xxxxx

Here's hoping babydream!

Just thought I'd share - got an almost positive opk today! So I think I'll test again later today or tomorrow morning and see. But it's what happened last time I got pregnant (and first time using OPKs) so hopefully it's all good in there and we can get pregnant soon :)

Baby dream that's good your temp is still up and your symptoms all sound good. Oooooo a nearly positive opk should start leading to positive soon, how was it when you retested? I think I am roughly 6dpo today but not 100% sure as this is the first month I haven't used either cbfm or opks. My mum was staying with us and was hard to test plus I thought let's give this month a go without tracking everything. Although of course here I am wishing I knew exactly how many dpo I am! We bd cd9, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 17 so I'm hoping we have covered ourselves (usually ov around cd14-16). last night after we bd I felt really strong cramps in my lower abdomen. They went overnight but i was sat in a meeting today and suddenly they came back full force. So bad I thought I was going to pass out from the pain and I had to go to the toilet after 5 minutes to get out of there. Sorry tmi but I managed a bowel movement which helped a bit to push into the pain (Seriously thought I was giving birth or something!). Was still sore but after sitting down for another 15 mins it eased off. Don't know if it was ttc related or maybe severe trapped gas or something but man it was painful. All sorts of irrational things go through your head when in pain like ectopic pregnancy, miscarrying then justifying oh yes you need to be pregnant first, a cyst bursting etc. It probably was more likw severe wind but hope that it doesn't come back again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->