TTC - best thermometers/OPK strips?

Ketushka

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My husband and I have been ttc for 5 cycles now. The first few I'm 90% sure I didn't ovulate. Last month I had a normal AF (which was actually encouraging, because it had been months without a full one). I was on BC from May-August, prescribed by my last OBGYN to stop a never-ending AF. I went on Vitex about a week before my super-light AF was due, and she showed up on schedule, and was a normal length. So this is the first cycle since that, and it's day 24.

I'm 70% sure I ovulated this cycle....ran out of Clearblue Advanced sticks before I did if so, but was getting the blinky readings for the first time, which was also encouraging because I checked every 3 days the entire last cycle and got low readings. Also, 7 days ago, I had spotting, which isn't normal for me mid-cycle, and cramping. 3 days ago, I started getting super tender breasts and yesterday I had an unexplained headache all day.

I'm trying not to be too hopeful, so assuming I'm not going to get my bfp next week when AF is due, does anyone have suggestions for a basal thermometer or cheaper OPK strips? Or any other thoughts/advice they'd like to share?

I just bought an inexpensive BBT thermometer off of Amazon. I love the Babii brand OPK dip strips. You can get a 50-pack for about $12 on Amazon.

Thanks! I think I went ahead and grabbed a kit that also comes with 25 pregnancy tests, but it was only a couple dollars more than that. Also got "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and an herbal hot/cold pack for just a general comfort thing. I got the baby fever bug badly once all my friends from college and my cousin started getting pregnant. Feels like I'm the only one who's taken more than a couple months of trying. :(

I’m in the same boat been trying for 6 months but 4 cycles ( took 3 months to get my period after stopping BCP) iv been irregular with mid cycle spotting and late periods. Iv just brought a pack of 50 ( if I remember right ) ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests off eBay for like $12 my sister in law got bfp with the pregnancy tests so I’m guessing they work alright. And I brought a basal thermometer from the chemist for about $12 as well don’t know if it’s any good yet only been temping for 2 weeks and it’s all over the place lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->