TTC but feel like giving up

TOHARD2TRY

Reaction score
I'm 23 years of age , since the age of 19 I've always wanted to start a family with my partner... since the age of 20 i settled down in life , got married, fell pregnant in the space of 3 years but sadly lost our baby's.. Well since August Me and my partner have been tested for practically EVERYTHING!! I Had an HSG done in september and found out that i had a blocked tube so that made me 10x worse! Blood works just to see if im ovulating, Progesterone etc etc.. Hubby having to do a sperm sample in which he won't do!! Can't blame him on that one :wacko:!!

I just don't know why my body won't accept a baby!! Every month i get wound up! Work friend has just announced shes pregnant. i'm happy for her. just that i wish it was me.

Does anyone know what the best days are to TTC??

Egg white or Clear cm? Saw a post on here the other week but can't seem to find it, so Would be much appreciated.

Thanks.. and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes!

Im sorry to hear about your stuggles, i dont think anyone fully understands how hard it is ttc for so long unless they have been through it themselves.
You have to try and stay positive every month, as i know stress can play a big part on not getting PG. I understand completely however that this is hard to do.. :flower:
About the CM question, it can be different for everyone. Some people only get sticky/lotiony CM at ovulation, when others may get the EWCM.
If you are getting EWCM i believe that the clear/watery CM comes just after that around ovulation day. Both types of CM are considered very fertile so dont worry.

The best days are when you start to notice fertile looking cm. Fertile CM can be watery (like you dipped your finger in a glass of water) which has noo stretch or the EWCM type which is stretchy. You would stretch it between two fingers and see if it stretches and how long. Some women only get watery CM (I'm one of them ) and some get the watery right before getting EWCM before and during O.

Another good idea could be investing in OPKs so you know when you O every month.

You and DH might need to consider assisted conception at one point though. I would think that with 1 blocked tube, you only have a chance every month you release an egg from the non-damaged side as a blocked tube prevents the sperm from reaching the egg. So assisted conception might be a good option if you're able to do it. I don't know how expensive it is where you are. DH and I are very fortunate to live in a country where it's free if you've been trying for 12 months or more.

Hope you get your BFP soon :dust:

Thanks for your replies.. Im in the uk. Husband and i Cannot really afford assisted conception, Suppose i should keep trying ;)

I too am in the UK and happen to be in the same county as you aswel!
I think its disgraceful how much assisted conception costs..
Keep positive and keep trying!
It will happen eventually, probably when you least expect it :flower:

Having one blocked tube doesn't mean much except that it will in theory take twice as long. However it's also possible for the body to compensate and to ovulate only on the open side, or on both sides, you wouldn't be able to tell without monitored ultrasounds but it's not a huge concern. Whats more of a concern is your partner not being willing to have a sperm analysis done as that may make a huge difference.

Assuming all is well, without a SA and with one blocked tube, and you have regular cycles etc than I would suggest simply using OPK's, having sex every other day during your fertile period and holding out hope. If you have repeated miscarriages than the upside is that you're able to get pregnant, but there may be something else keeping the pregnancy from progressing, low progesterone, malformed sperm etc. however i would start talking to a Dr ab out your concerns as well if you havent already.

Good news is your very young and you can conceive with one tube , I would try to encourage your DH to go in for a SA, there are other ways to go about it such as collecting the sample at home and bring it in to the clinic this takes the pressure and embarrassment off him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->