TTC Countdown: 52 Weeks

deductivemom

Cautiously expecting #1
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am very excited this week that DH and I have finally reached the point where we both agree we will start TTC in one year! Now that I know that we are officially counting down (barring any major changes or heavenly interventions, of course), I am planning to do everything I can in the meantime to get ready for a healthy, happy pregnancy. Every week for the next 52 weeks I am going to try doing something to get baby ready, whether it be praying, saving money, or getting fit.

If you're interested, you can follow along with this journey on my blog. For Week 52, I'm starting by getting my heart in the right place. I challenged myself this week to Pray Like a Mom.

I realize this is still technically a waiting to try topic, but I wanted to hear from the veteran TTCers as well. Anyone want to share what they did to prepare for TTC? What should I do for the rest of my 52 weeks? I'd love to hear advice and stories.

Before we ttc our first lo it was all about wanting to get married first. This time around we wanted to wait so that #1 is finishing nursery as #2 goes in so as not to pay 2 lots of fees at once.

Moving house in October but TTC August as I'm no use when moving anyway hehe
Also trying to time it to when Amelia is about to go to school when baby is newborn - so hopefully if all goes to plan baby will be born in May before the September Amelia goes to school x

For us it was getting my career sorted. I was an acting manager at the time and knew that if I got pregnant and went on maternity whilst acting up I would lose the position. It took 3 years to get the permanent promotion and then they announced that we had to go through redundancy interviews the following year so that was another year of waiting :( But I got through it and luckily fell pregnant the first month if trying. I just knew being a manager would put us in the best financial position as it is an extra £13000 a year so was worth the wait for us.

Starting my second week of preconception preparation. Goal = hydration. It was my aim to drink 8 cups (64oz) of water a day to get used to being well-hydrated, which will be crucial during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Unfortunately I haven't been successful at drinking my target amount each day, but I am increasing my tolerance and bought a nifty water bottle to encourage me. Maybe one day I will be able to drink this much without having to pee every half hour...only by then I might be pregnant and will be running to the potty because of hormones instead :)

Anyone else struggling to drink (water) like a pregnant lady?

Last week I started trying to add parents to my social network. This week, I challenged myself to take the stairs whenever possible. I did give myself the option of only taking one flight if I have to go up a lot of stairs since my endurance is a bit sad at the moment, but I hope to work up to being able to go up 3 or 4 flights without issue. That kind of endurance will sure be helpful during pregnancy, not to mention childbirth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->