TTC Cycle 3 - Ovulation confusion

brit_anne

Mommy of a 7 year old
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Last month, my cycle was all messed up due to being incredibly sick for the week I was suppose to O and I ended up being a week late for AF which completely messed with my emotions.

This month, I have been charting as accurately as possible and been BD almost every day but missing a couple days here and there. My temps look like they may have dipped yesterday then increased by a little this morning.

Anyways, I have had watery CM since CD 10, currently on CD 14 and took an OPK this morning with FMU and the line was just as dark as the control line.

I just checked my CM again because I felt incredibly wet and it was REALLY REALLY milky and watery. My cramping has also died down..the last 4 days or so I've been cramping really bad and had an achy uterus.

I'm going to take another OPK tonight when I get home from work but does it sound like I may have already ovulated? I checked my cervix for the first time ever today so I know it isn't reliable but it felt somewhat low and closed so I'm confused..lol.

I just took another OPK and it's just as positive as the one from this morning.

If it was as dark as the control line then it means it detected a surge. You should ovulate within 24-48 hrs. I'd bd again tonight and tomorrow. Continue testing until there is no longer a surge detected. Keep up with temping too. Sometimes your body gears up to O but it doesn't happen until days later. GL!

As smilie said, OPKs detect your surge so ovulation should occur 12-48 hrs from your first +OPK.

A lot of women get 2 days of +OPKs so that's normal. My guess is that you next OPK will possibly be negative.

It was definitely positive this morning but my temp went up about 0.2 and yesterday it went up 0.3 but I'm going to keep BD until after I get a negative. Thank you, ladies!

I have read/heard that you can get false positive or negative opks with first morning urine. The optimal time to take one is around 2pm I believe. Ive only taken them this cycle, first time in my life using them, but my research before hand told me that. Good luck and fingers crossed that this is ovulation! Hope you get a sticky bean soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->