TTC D&C Done Yesterday

wtcl

Reaction score
I've read all the stores on line but Im still not sure...because of my age the dr obviously does not want to talk about TTC instead she keeps puching what kind of birth control i want to use...thats just it I dont want any birth control i want to concieve...how long does a person need to wait after a d&c ..i mean i dont want this to happen again...i want to have a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby.

Sorry for your loss sweetie, i had a ERPC on 22nd Dec and am actively trying now, but everyone is different. I think once your physically and emotionally ready then you can go ahead as long as you've had no complications... but give your body a few more weeks to heal incase of infection :hugs:

Hi wtcl. Welcome to BnB. I'm sorry for your loss. It's one of the most difficult things a woman can go through in her life. It's also an overwhelming and incredibly normal urge to want to TTC directly after a pregnancy loss.

As for when to start TTC after a loss, it would depend on your personal situation. First thing you should consider is your immediate physical recovery (the vast majority of doctors will tell you to at least wait until you've gotten your first period after loss. Read here for some really compelling reasons to wait for AF: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/trying_again.htm) If for no other reason, for your future baby's health.

Once you've managed to recover, the circumstances in your life should be a big factor - are you at a place in your life when you are ready to have a baby? You mentioned your doctor is pushing birth control on you due to your age. While it will always be your personal choice as to when you TTC you might want to consider asking your doctor to refer you for support in dealing with your emotional response to the pregnancy loss. If your doctor truly thinks you shouldn't be TTC then hopefully they could at least give you that. A counsellor may be able to help you work through your feelings and help you come to a decision rationally, about when will be the best time for you to TTC (one that is not fueled by the overwhelming hormones we experience after a loss that make us go loopy for another baby NOW. I've been there and I know how heart wrenching and maddening it can be).

I wish you the best recovery possible and the best of luck TTC when you are ready to start again. :hugs:

i had mine three weeks ago and im ttc now, i was told once i stopped bleeding i could start again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"