Ttc dilemma - to try this cycle or not?

Blondie_x

Reaction score
I started ttc last cycle and not sure whether to skip trying this cycle. My reason is that I have a wedding to go to in October which I am a part of, and if I fell pregnant this month I would be around 8/9 weeks pregnant at the wedding. I think for many women their peak with morning sickness is around 8 or 9 weeks pregnant?

What would you do? I really don't want to skip ttc this month, but I also can't be feeling sick to my stomach at the wedding. If I fell pregnant this month and felt ill around the time of the wedding, do you think a doctor would prescribe a pregnancy safe anti sickness med? Please note that I'm in the UK so I'm speaking of UK doctors.

Maybe try to think positive, who's to say you will be sick. Not everyone gets sick. Just saying, be positive. However, if your preference is not to be preg during wedding, sit this one out. Well wishes...

I never had sickness with either of my pregnancies. Personally, I'd say go for it but if you are a main person in a hen, then no drinking obviously. If you think it is best, then do skip. I know they don't really prescribe anti nausea meds in UK. Have some friends there. :)

I didn't get sick with my last pregnancy. Just because you try doesn't mean you will make it anyway. I personally wouldn't hold off trying for something so trivial as my temporary comfort at a one time event, weddings are only a few hours! If I did get sick with pregnancy, I'd probably have to deal with it and work and daily life and all that so I don't think a few hours at a wedding would be that much different. That's just me. If those few hours are that important, it isn't that hard to hold off for a cycle!

I'd say go for it and start taking magnesium, I've heard it helps greatly with morning sickness!

Thanks everyone, I've decided to just go for it as I think I would feel annoyed with myself if I didn't try this month. Thanks MrsMcCurdy for the suggestion of taking magnesium. I've also heard vitamin B6 can help with morning sickness too.

Let's hope this is the month for all of us!

I was 8 weeks pregnant with my dd when I was bridesmaid at my sister in laws wedding, I suffer from terrible morning sickness, but I made sure I ate plenty the night before and in the morning and took snacks ( hunger and low blood sugar make sickness worse!) I did feel queasy on the day but I got through it ok without anyone knowing I was pregnant lol, I'm maid of honour at my cousins wedding in September and had I conceived this month I would have been 8 weeks agin! I decided to still go for it, but it didn't work out so hoping to be 4 weeks pregnant at the wedding instead :) xx

I agree with misspriss, I wouldn't hold of trying for that reason, even if you were to get MS you could be feeling well on that particular day. It's up to you really x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->