TTC first baby :)

starbucks73

Reaction score
Ok so I got off my birth control last month so the last pill i took was on Oct. 22nd. During ovulation we had sex every other day. I am a week from when i should start my period...i am having some brighter red blood....i dont know if my body is acting weird because i'm off bc now or if it could be implantation bleeding...i took a pt this morning and it was negative....thoughts anyone??? :wacko:

Ok so I got off my birth control last month so the last pill i took was on Oct. 22nd. During ovulation we had sex every other day. I am a week from when i should start my period...i am having some brighter red blood....i dont know if my body is acting weird because i'm off bc now or if it could be implantation bleeding...i took a pt this morning and it was negative....thoughts anyone??? :wacko:

Most of the time implantation bleeding is very slight, usually a light pink or light brown. If you are having bright red most likely it is your body trying to adjust to coming off birth control. It can take a woman a while for her body to get back to regular cycles after coming off bc pills. It is very likely that your period will come at a different time than what you would normally expect while on bc.

I came off BCPs in September and have had 2 cycles since. My first one was 26 days then my second 25 days. I don't think I ovulated during the first cycle but had all the signs there for my second.

During my second cycle I had some browny pinky spotting at 9DPO which only lasted 24 hours. I was secretly hoping it was an implantation bleed. However the witch got me 5 days later (a little earlier than expected).

I should have known it was just my body being messed up from long term BCP use.

I'm not saying it's the same for you though. Will be interesting to know what happens so keep us updated! :)

I'm now onto cycle 3 and trying for #1. Hoping for a december BFP and an august baby :)

X

thanks ladies! It was weird thought we had sex last night and about 2 hours after i just started this bleeding...so confusing lol!

It is probably just your body adjusting to coming off bcp's. Every time I've stopped taking them I've gotten a period within about a week, and then another one a couple weeks later until my body starts to adjust and get back on a normal cycle.

Implantation bleeding would usually be light pink or brown and slight spotting, not bright red or heavy like a period. You would technically be in the right time frame for it so it's not out of the question, but more likely your body will need at least one full cycle off of bc before it is ready to get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"