TTC first time...could use some suggestions

Gwen87

Reaction score
So DH & I have been BDing every other day since March 27th until & including tonight April 1st, my period ended on the 23rd and I have not caught a positive OPK's yet...just wondering if you think we have a good chance if we continue this way for the next few days or has anyone had any success?? :hugs:

In general, BDing every other day is great and a good plan as long as you guys got the stamina for it! :p Really, with that spread, your chances of timing BD correctly should be really good.

Just remember a few things. One: OPKs tell you your LH surge, which occurs about 12-48 hrs BEFORE ovulation. So, Keep BDing for another 2-3 days after your +OPKs just to be safe :)

Two: Every month, even if you plan and time everything perfectly, your chances of getting pregnant are 20-25%. You can have everything be perfect and still not fall pregnant. So, just remember that it can take a while. For most couples its 6 months to a year. If it doesn't happen right away, don't be discouraged! :)

If you are regular on your cycle, you are likely to ovulate on 14th day from your last period. So DTD during this period/week maximises your chances of conception. Cervical mucus will also help you to predict your most fertile days. Changes in CM will indicate the days leading up to ovulation, and sexual intercourse during this time will ensure that sperm—nourished by fertile phase CM—will be present when the egg is released. Look for white or cream coloured, thick to slightly stretchy, and egg white resembling CM, it indicates that your body is highly fertile in those days.

After ovulation, an egg is only viable for about 24 hours and sperm can live in your reproductive tract for up to 72 hours. So for the very best chance of getting pregnant, a couple should have regular sex every day for the 5-6 fertile days leading up to ovulation, and on the day of ovulation as well.

Good Luck!!!

I just want to say that the ovulation ont he 14th day thing is not exactly true. Atleast not for everyone. Everyone is different and everyone ovulates on different days and everyone has a different luteal phase. For example, before my PCOS kicked in, I would ovulate anywhere from CD19-23. I also know some girls here that ovulate on CD12. With more tracking on your end, you'll figure out your ovulation day.

Also, it's called the "two week wait", the time from ovulation day to your period also known as your luteal phase (LP). It's also generally considered to be 14 days long but again, it's not always the case. A LP can last anywhere from 10-16days. Mine is 12 days.

Lastly, the 72 hour thing is true about sperm. But I have read reports of some sperm being able to live for up to 5 days. But really, BDing 2-3 days before O is a good window for conception. :)

Anyway, that is all stuff that you will figure out as you track your cycles more :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->