TTC first time. LH and HCG - A little confused with so much information. Any Advice?

lizziejane87

Reaction score
Hi,

Completely new to this so apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Me and my husband have decided to try to conceive and have been doing so for a few months. Its a little harder as I do not regular periods and haven't for some years so I am finding OPKs a little confusing. I have tested 10days after my last cycle and it showed LH but no full spike (or i missed it). I have sinced had lots of cramping and thought perhaps I had conceived. I am now due and took a HCG test and it is negative, I just checked OPK again due to my cycle and there is LH detected again (I did 2 and they were the same).

Just wondered any ideas on this. Can you ovulate more than once a cycle and near your cycle due date?

Thank you so much for any advice in advance,

xx

Sorry your cycles are confusing you, mine do that to me also. Im not a pro at that by any means but I wanted to give you what I know, or think I know.

No you can not ovulate twice in the same month, you can release 2 eggs a day apart but thats not considered ovulating twice. However you can and most do get more then 1 LH surge, which is just an estrogen surge. I have read several posts about women getting a secong surge after confirmed ovulation.
Are you only testing for ovulation once a day, I have to test several times a day, I almost missed my LH surge this month. Tested at 6pm and got a negative, but at 10pm I got a very clear positive, and then at 9am the next morning it was back to negative. So it is very easy to miss your surge completly.
Also when AF is due we have extra estrogen on our bodies so I would think its somewhat common to get an LH surge.

Good luck

I had been testing daily, as close to the same time each day as i could, and obviously missed it. I am thinking because of my cycles that perhaps i will have to try several times a day to detect LH. Thanks for the advice. Could just be oestrogen this time then. I have read so many different things i think i just needed a real person answer haha. Hopefully i will try again.with more luck next month, cycle permitting then xx

Hi. I also have irregular cycles ranging from 50 to 27 days. I've been tracking my cervix position and also cervical fluid. Have found it to be spot on. Have you thought about doing this in addition? xx

I have not been tracking that method on this cycle no. To ne honest the thought never even crossed my mind as i have been fixated on ovulation strips. Do you find it to be very accurate.i have to say though i was confused because i did check because of LH readings this am, and my cervix is very high, much higher than when AF is here and i am due today. Another little fly in the ointment? Ive been married 5 years and with my husband going on 10 years. If i had known it was not as easy as people make out, i think i would have tried a bit sooner haha. Xx

I do find it accurate. My cervix is super low and soft during af, then super high, soft and open during ovulation. EWCM for three days during this time. I'm just into my fourth cycle of trying. First cycle got bfp but that was a chem, second cycle i had a really bad throat infection so was ill during ov so no bd, third cycle got another bfp but miscarried at 6 weeks. All in all, i reckon I'm getting it right, just need a sticky bean. xx

I do find it accurate. My cervix is super low and soft during af, then super high, soft and open during ovulation. EWCM for three days during this time. I'm just into my fourth cycle of trying. First cycle got bfp but that was a chem, second cycle i had a really bad throat infection so was ill during ov so no bd, third cycle got another bfp but miscarried at 6 weeks. All in all, i reckon I'm getting it right, just need a sticky bean. xx

:dust: for a sticky bean. :)

I think you could benefit a lot by temping. It's really the only way to 100% confirm ovulation. I suggest getting on fertility friend and watching their tutorials, they are super helpful!

I have everything crossed for you!! Xx

I think you could benefit a lot by temping. It's really the only way to 100% confirm ovulation. I suggest getting on fertility friend and watching their tutorials, they are super helpful!

Thank you. Ive bought the chart and thermometer to do this next month. Thank you for the advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->