• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC for 1 Year or 6 Months?

dreamingbyday

Reaction score
Weird question, maybe haha. Technically, we started trying for baby 2 one year ago. I was breastfeeding, though, and had not had my period return yet. My period returned finally in April but it was not normal until July. So should I count that I was trying since last October or since July, considering I probably wasn't ovulating (at least consistently) until July (according to opk tests)?
Also, I was wondering...how often do you try? Say we try after AF ends and then every day leading up to ovulation and the day afterwards, but not after that. Does that mean I'm ttc wrong or that I've had no luck?

Hmmm if it was me, I'd probably count from April:shrug:

DH and I start trying from CD3 or 4 (usually BDing every 2nd day or so) and up to and including O day (which is almost always CD13 for me). Yet despite this, we're still not pregnant after 1 year + 1 month of trying:shrug: So you can definitely be BDing during your fertile period but not get pregnant. I think you have about a 20% chance each month no matter what but it varies according to age and how long you've been trying: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-formula-predicts-womans-chance-pregnant.html

So according to that chart, I, for example, since I'm 35 and have been trying for a little over 1 year only have a 6% chance each month now (where the first 3 months I had a 12% chance).

I don't know how that chart is effected if you're TTCing #2 or more though:shrug:

Thanks for sharing that article! Those aren't very good odds at all x.x but good to know. I would love to read the actual study too!
Good luck on your own ttc journey :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"