ttc for 8 months and no luck!!!

sofix

Reaction score
ok, i dont know why it has to be this hard! I have tried OPK kits, manual ovulation detection methods, frequent sex - everything! and still not pregnant in 8 months. The doc says there is nothing wrong with me except that I am hypothyroid. And I am on medication for it. But she says that should not decrease the chances of pregnancy. I have a 31 day cycle and every time my period delays by a day or two, I pray to a get a :bfp:
Unfortunately, it never is :(
Did it take long for you guys too? Its really depressing. To add to this, there suddenly is a baby boom around me, where everyone from colleagues to friends are announcing their pregnancies!!

I've been trying 10 months now so no how u feel hun :hug:
Hope you get your bfp soon x

thanks charbaby! it is frustrating right? i dont know why does it take a year to conceive. I mean, i cannot "time" it better. All the timing is actually making me lose interest in trying now.

I have been TTC for 14 months so I know how it feels. :hugs:
I also feel for you on the baby boom thing...it seems like whenever you're trying to get pregnant, everyone but you ends up with a BFP.
Sometimes it just takes a little bit longer for some people. It isn't uncommon. I know that's not what you want to hear, but if you look up on this site, so many people take 6+ months or even a year + but end up with a healthy baby.
Just think of it this way, when you get your BFP, you will be super grateful for it, as it took so long. You will cherish your pregnancy/your baby that much more knowing how much work and time went into making him/her. :)
Sending lots and lots of :dust: your way! :hugs:

I know how you feel, DH and I have been trying for 10 months total. We did get a BFP in July that ended in a MC in August. I know that they say it is normal for it to take up to a year to get pregnant, but it doesn't feel normal when it is you and everyone around you seems to get pregnant easily. FX'd for you!

:hugs:.. Its such a hard time right!!! every single one of my close friends(7) are preganat i just had someone tell me they were and i burst into tears! that was akward!! its like everyone has what we want :( i hope that it happends for you soon :)
This is my very first time using this website so im hoping i have beginners luck lol and im passing some onto you:flower:

I hope you get lucky soon, it can kind of take over your life especially when other people are having babies, good luck to everyone :hugs:

I understand where you are coming from...We have been TTC #2 for 19 months now with OPK's and no such luck. Not sure why it has to be this difficult since I always thought, you had sex with no protection you got pregnant...as easy as that...Obviously we are finding out first hand that that's not true. There is also a baby boom going on around me as well and its not making matters any easier...This is a total emotional roller coaster and one ride I want off of....Just keep your head up and try to stay as positive as possible. I hope you get your BFP soon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->