TTC - Frustated

Grace2590

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post on this forum however I am always on here looking for answers & I love reading other people's experiences.

Just some quick background info, me and my partner have been together 6+ years. We met when I was 17. For the past 5 years we haven't been on no contraception & never fell pregnant.
I have been told I have PCOS and I have very irregular periods around 2/3 cycles a year!!

We got our mortgage on our first home last year & we have our 2 fur babies. We just need the final piece to our puzzle.

I have 2 very close friends who have both had babies, 1 is currently pregnant with her 3rd. I am over the moon for them and they are fantastic mummy's & I enjoy being around them. However I can't help but feel jealous I feel like such a bad person.

I was referred to my Gynae & I have had all my hormone levels checked & various other tests that have all come back fine. So they have discharged me, I now have to go back to my doctors to be referred to the fertility dpt.

I have stocked up on pregnancy tests and I am doing one a week, I cry everytime it's negative.
I've been told that women with irregular periods & PCOS that fertility/ovulation tests do not give accurate answers. Have any of you ladies got experience with them? Is it worth me buying one?

My partner is great and we have made plans if we cannot conceive then we will make plans to foster/adopt. I just hope I can give him a baby, i see his face everytime he sees our friends baby kicking and it breaks my heart.

So sorry for the long post but it's just building up :(
Xxx

Hugs! I think it is normal to feel jealous and I don't think you should feel like a bad person because of it.

I do temp charting to help determine my o date and I think that method works fine with people with pcos too. Correct me if I'm wrong though. It tell you the day after you ovulate so it takes a few cycles to work it out but I'd give it a try. I don't know about using a monitor because I haven't ever used one myself but I hope someone else does. Good luck.

Hello,
I also have pcos. There is lots of treatments available to regulate your cycle and help ovulation. I used to have a few periods a year then I went on the pill.
When I came off it I had a 42-60 day cycle, my doctor put me on metformin and now my cycle is 30-34 days. I think it's worth looking into regulating your cycle and then you can track ovulation.
Good luck xx

I know exactly what your feeling. It's so hard to see so many couple having babies and you constantly wonder when it will be your turn. Just know it's not your fault, your time will come! Like a previous poster said, there are different treatments for pcos, I was just diagnosed last month with it and I will start taking clomid this next cycle. Once you find a doctor that will actually help you, the process will be much easier. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->