TTC & Frustrated

O

OnlyDreaming

Hello. I am new to this site and am really just looking for others to talk to and perhaps some advice. I believe my period just started so I decided to finally break down and use this site. Me and my husband have been TTC since October of last year and haven't had much luck. I know that's not a long time compared to many others, so I apologize. I'm just a worrier and it drives me nuts sometimes.

I did get pregnant a year ago, at a time when we weren't trying but not caring either. Unfortunately I didn't realize it until about 5-8 weeks into it and had a miscarriage a couple days after finding out. It was heartbreaking and it made me realize how much I actually wanted to be a mother. We were told to wait a few months before trying again so we started in October. Didn't realize how difficult it actually was considering how many I knew got pregnant so easily. Talk about frustrating.

I've tried a couple apps and have bought OPK's and even pre-seed. My husband even volunteered to go see a urologist this past month and was told he a had a high count but had a little mucus built up from being sick recently. When my husband asked for advice as for why we hadn't been getting pregnant the urologist explained it could have been scar tissue from previous miscarriage, but not sure about that.

At this point i'm considering buying an Ava Bracelet to see how that goes. I have been told to have sex every three days leading up to ovulation, but was wondering if every two days is ok as well?

Any advice is welcome and appreciated and i'm sorry for the long wall of text! I hope everyone has had a happy Easter!

Hi OnlyDreaming! So sorry about your MC. Hopefully your rainbow will be here soon.

We are also trying for our first together. We have a 16 year old (his) and 10 year old (mine) both boys. I stopped birth control in January. I went to the OB to get a check up and found out that I had pre-cancerous cells. Had the cryotherapy done last month and got the all clear on Weds. We are officially starting to try this month. I ordered some OPKS from Amazon. From everything I have read that when you are in your fertile window you should be DTD every other day. Everyone has also told me to download Fertility Friend App. I have downloaded it and put in the information. The Evil Witch should makes its appearance this week so I will begin charting then. Hopefully if we can be bump buddies. :)

Hi OnlyDreaming! So sorry about your MC. Hopefully your rainbow will be here soon.

We are also trying for our first together. We have a 16 year old (his) and 10 year old (mine) both boys. I stopped birth control in January. I went to the OB to get a check up and found out that I had pre-cancerous cells. Had the cryotherapy done last month and got the all clear on Weds. We are officially starting to try this month. I ordered some OPKS from Amazon. From everything I have read that when you are in your fertile window you should be DTD every other day. Everyone has also told me to download Fertility Friend App. I have downloaded it and put in the information. The Evil Witch should makes its appearance this week so I will begin charting then. Hopefully if we can be bump buddies. :)

Thank you! I wish you both the best of luck! :) It’s been an adventure for us so far and we’ve both been learning a lot. Actually just got a call back from the Gyno yesterday after visiting a couple weeks ago for a check up and was told I had a bacterial infection. Not sure if that may be a factor to why we haven’t conceived yet but trying to treat it now with some borax and water and hoping it goes away. They’re afraid to give me any antibiotics at the moment.

I do have the Flo app on my phone and am about to download Fertility Friend since I just started Aunt Flow this week. And sure! I would love to! :)

Sorry about your infection. Hopefully it will clear up soon and it won't interrupt your window. Sending good thoughts your way!

Hello! Hoping your Rainbow arrives soon for you!!

In regards to the Ava braclet. I have one and have been using one since Nov '17, just to get my cycles tracked. It has worked really well and has correctly predicted my ovulation for the past 3 months. It works really well if you have a regular cycle. Are your cycles regular? I think the info regarding the bracelet stated regular is between 25-35?... I also like the bracelet, because it has an easier way to track your temp to confirm ovulation. I was always terrible at temping before. It's kind of expensive but I found it well worth the purchase. It does take a couple months to really understand your cycle and be able to predict ovulation - for me, it started correctly predicting during my January cycle, and I started wearing it mid Nov.

Regarding sex every 3 or every 2 days - we are also ttc this cycle (first cycle for us on baby #2!) and will probably do every day during fertile week and every other day outside of that. That's what we did with Baby #1 that led to our :bfp:

Wishing you all the best luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"