TTC Help and advice please

sakura2213

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum, I just joined today.

I'd like to start off from square one with you all.

I am a 30 year old female, I'm a little over weight. I was pregnant once back when I was 19 and had a miscarriage due to an abusive boyfriend. He did not want me having his baby so he beat me up until I lost the baby. Needless to say I am no longer with the loser anymore.

For the past 6 years I have been with the most wonderful man. We have always had unprotected sex but no baby came out of any of it for the past 6 years. So finally we decided to start "really" trying. I got an ovulation calendar app for my phone and put in the days of my period as suggested and we had sex during my "fertile" days as well as my ovulation day. Now I know it will take some time for the calendar to pick up my "real" fertile and ovulation days so I don't have my hopes up this month. I did however feel like total crap the next day. I felt like my body was just dragging around everywhere. I normally don't get that feeling. We have also been using a speculum to chart my cervix positions and firmness as well as the mucus.

If anyone has anything to add that we can do please let me know. We really want a child and have been disappointed for the past 6 years. I'm ready to be called mommy! ^_^

Might I add that he is 24 years old and has had a sperm count done and he is more than healthy. lol

welcome hun! :hi:

why don't u try using OPK's to find out when you are ovulating so you can make sure you BD on exactly the right days? It saves time guessing and is quite accurate in telling you when you ovualte?

why don't u try using OPK's to find out when you are ovulating so you can make sure you BD on exactly the right days? It saves time guessing and is quite accurate in telling you when you ovualte?

Thank you for the advice! ^_^ If you don't mind me asking, when and how are OPK's used?

chek u out for bagging a younger guy :D go you lol
I def recommend OPKs .. i thought i was ovulatign around day 10 or 11 but this month i ovulated on day 13 so definatelyt helps to know when to :sex: lol
Good luk and welcome x

You could also do basal body temperature charting. You can determine if/when you ovulate. You can also tell how long your luteal phase is. You take your temperature orally, first thing in the morning before you get out of bed.

You can go to fertilityfriend.com and they explain how to do it. They even interpret your charting for you.

You could also just make sure that you bd every other day. Haha. Sounds like fun!

Good luck.

I definitely agree with the other ladies. I would OPK, chart, and BD as much as you can! Good luck and babydust your way!

P.s forgot to add.. I used the ovulation predictor calculator and while it is helpful at times if your cycle is super super consistent but it also is just that- a prediction. It can't really tell how your CM is or your temps so i'd def. recommend using other methods as well to increase your chances.

Thank you for the advice! ^_^ If you don't mind me asking, when and how are OPK's used?

if u buy a pack of ovulation sticks you get about 7 in a pack so say you have a 28 day cycle you start using them on day 10 and use one each day until you get a positive, I usually got mine on day 12 or 13, that meant that i was going to ov in the next day or two. Make sure you BD around this time and hopefully you will catch the egg

chek u out for bagging a younger guy :D go you lol
I def recommend OPKs .. i thought i was ovulatign around day 10 or 11 but this month i ovulated on day 13 so definatelyt helps to know when to :sex: lol
Good luk and welcome x
lol Yeah, I got lucky on that one. :winkwink:

I still need to get these days down lol. I'm unsure of the days to be honest. ^^;

You could also do basal body temperature charting. You can determine if/when you ovulate. You can also tell how long your luteal phase is. You take your temperature orally, first thing in the morning before you get out of bed.

You can go to fertilityfriend.com and they explain how to do it. They even interpret your charting for you.

You could also just make sure that you bd every other day. Haha. Sounds like fun!

Good luck.

Thank you ^_^

I have a basil thermometer but my issue is remembering when I first wake up to do it lol. I don't operate well when I first wake up lol.

if u buy a pack of ovulation sticks you get about 7 in a pack so say you have a 28 day cycle you start using them on day 10 and use one each day until you get a positive, I usually got mine on day 12 or 13, that meant that i was going to ov in the next day or two. Make sure you BD around this time and hopefully you will catch the egg

If you don't mind me asking, how do you tell what day you are on? ^_^

Definitely! I used the ovulation calculator the second month and it definitely was off because my period was later than expected, 39 cycle this time where it was set to 30 so I missed my O date by about a week, and I wondered why I wasn't getting a BFP lol This month I am gearing up and using Clear Blue Digital ovulation kit, that way I wont have to worry about evaps, color of the lines ect. The less stress the better! It actually lets me take a deep sigh of relief just THINKING about it! :) Good luck dear.

the day your af arrives is day 1 and then you count up each day, if af arrives your last day is the day before so say day 28...then the next day goes back to day 1 again etc

Definitely! I used the ovulation calculator the second month and it definitely was off because my period was later than expected, 39 cycle this time where it was set to 30 so I missed my O date by about a week, and I wondered why I wasn't getting a BFP lol This month I am gearing up and using Clear Blue Digital ovulation kit, that way I wont have to worry about evaps, color of the lines ect. The less stress the better! It actually lets me take a deep sigh of relief just THINKING about it! :) Good luck dear.
Thank you ^_^ I wish you the best of luck to you as well. ^_^ I hope you conceive soon! :happydance:

the day your af arrives is day 1 and then you count up each day, if af arrives your last day is the day before so say day 28...then the next day goes back to day 1 again etc
Thank you very much! That is great to know. Now I won't be so confused as to what day I'm on lol. Thank you for the information hun! ^_^

By the way if you are using a lubricant it is most likely not sperm-friendly and can create a barrier for the :spermy:. Pre-seed and Conceive Plus are the most popular ones here.

By the way if you are using a lubricant it is most likely not sperm-friendly and can create a barrier for the :spermy:. Pre-seed and Conceive Plus are the most popular ones here.

Nope, no lubricants here. ^_^ It's all natural umm... lube lol :oops:

I wish I could say that. It would be cheaper. Saliva and water are also not supposed to be sperm-friendly compared to natural stuff.

I wish I could say that. It would be cheaper. Saliva and water are also not supposed to be sperm-friendly compared to natural stuff.

I'm sorry hun =( Have you tried "spicing" things up for yourself beforehand? (Sorry to ask that, it's probably TMI >_<) That's what I do and things flow freely. ^_^

I've also heard through the grape vine that being sexually stimulated by yourself or your partner before intercourse increases your chances of conception. ^_^ It could be a myth but there have been studies to prove it. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->