TTC help

Bindi002003

Reaction score
Hi if your period is like two days late and you usually have a 28 day cycle does it being a few days late change you cycle length? Hope anyone can help thanks

That specific cycle when AF is late, would be of 30 days (even though it may normally be 28). However, the next cycle could be 28 days again, it's normal for cycle lengths to vary, even if the change isn't the norm for you. My cycles were ALWAYS 29 days, but since coming off BC, my cycles now vary between 32-33 days, but it's still normal and nothing to worry about. A new cycle starts and the days start counting from the first day of a new period to the day before you get your next one.

Not sure if I answered your question there, but I hope it helps :)

Cycle length is the whole thing, so if you ran 2 days late, then yes, your cycle length average has increased. It's common for it to vary by up to a couple of days. Luteal phase (post ovulation) is typically pretty consistent in length, but the follicular phase (before ovulation) can vary, leading to the variance in cycle length.

Thanks for your help I have been of birth control since the end of October as me and my partner are trying for our second bubba and the last period I had was late my two days so I was just trying to work out with this period when I was going to ovulate .fingers crossed for a bubba

It does not change your cycle length. You will still be a regular person. That is why it is usually a 28-30 days. Meaning that sometimes there might be some variation. It is not all days that it will come at the exact time. If it has been happening that way for many days before. Then there are some changes. You need not to worry. It is something that can happen. Maybe your next cycle it will be back to normal. Or unless you are anticipating for a baby. But if that is not the case. It is not anything to keep you in much worry. You can also be doing charting. This will help you more on tracking your ovulation. If in case you feel it is becoming irregular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->