• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC IVF Support Group

TMETN4ME

Reaction score
Started taking Lupron 20u on June 1st and cut back to 10u on June 5th.:wacko: I then started with 2 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials on Menopur for a couple of days and then went to 1 vial of Menopur and continued taking the 2 vials of Bravelle and 10u of Lupron till June 15. I have had several Estradiol and Ultrasound checks. I have 15 follicles but as of yesterday my Estrogen level was only 528. :nope::nope:My RE told me today if my E2 levels were not 1000+ that my IVF would be cancelled. :cry::cry::sad2::hissy: I am patiently waiting for his call. I never thought I would have any trouble with IVF, but I guess I was wrong :growlmad:This process has been so emotionally draining and I don't feel like anyone understands this around me.:nope: My DH is wonderful, but his response is "it's no big deal, we will try again." I know we can try again, but I just want to scream....I'm desperately looking for positive vibes. :hug::beer::wine::beer::wine:

Aww that's terrible, I can't say I have first hand experience about the process as I haven't been through IVF yet, were considering doing our first cycle in August so I'm very much still researching it but I do empathise with just how dissapointed you must be feeling right now.

It's hard enough TTC as each month comes round an AF never fails to show but then to make the difficult decision to go through IVF, not to mention the expense and the sheer hell your body has to go though in order to undergo the process only to hear that you might have to cancel your treatment cycle must be devastating.

My thoughts are with you and the only thing I can say and I know you probably don't want to hear this right now but, your OH is right in one regard, you CAN try again and you WILL. I'm no expert but I do know many people have setbacks during the IVF process, but you will be a mother, and you will recover from this and get right back on that TTC horse;)

Oh and one more thing, is it at all possible that your estrogen levels may well still rise in time to make this cycle viable? I'm no expert but if this is the case then I would say there's deffo still hope as a LOT of change can happen hormonally speaking even from one day to the next.

Started taking Lupron 20u on June 1st and cut back to 10u on June 5th.:wacko: I then started with 2 vials of Bravelle and 2 vials on Menopur for a couple of days and then went to 1 vial of Menopur and continued taking the 2 vials of Bravelle and 10u of Lupron till June 15. I have had several Estradiol and Ultrasound checks. I have 15 follicles but as of yesterday my Estrogen level was only 528. :nope::nope:My RE told me today if my E2 levels were not 1000+ that my IVF would be cancelled. :cry::cry::sad2::hissy: I am patiently waiting for his call. I never thought I would have any trouble with IVF, but I guess I was wrong :growlmad:This process has been so emotionally draining and I don't feel like anyone understands this around me.:nope: My DH is wonderful, but his response is "it's no big deal, we will try again." I know we can try again, but I just want to scream....I'm desperately looking for positive vibes. :hug::beer::wine::beer::wine:

The reason why your estrogen isn't rising is because they are giving you way too much LH. It doesn't work well for everyone. Bravelle and menopur both have LH in it, and some women do not do well with that much LH. My doctor has been doing IVF for 30 years and I think the practice of IVF is only 31 or 32 years old. He has clinics all over the USA and was taught by the fathers of IVF. The doctors in his practice only use half a vile of menopur per day and only starting cycle day 3. I know doctors at many other clinics that do this too.

If you end up cycling again, use only Follistim or some other pure FSH and only a smidgen of menopur. Cheer up Charlie :hugs:

The reason why your estrogen isn't rising is because they are giving you way too much LH. It doesn't work well for everyone. Bravelle and menopur both have LH in it, and some women do not do well with that much LH. My doctor has been doing IVF for 30 years and I think the practice of IVF is only 31 or 32 years old. He has clinics all over the USA and was taught by the fathers of IVF. The doctors in his practice only use half a vile of menopur per day and only starting cycle day 3. I know doctors at many other clinics that do this too.

If you end up cycling again, use only Follistim or some other pure FSH and only a smidgen of menopur. Cheer up Charlie :hugs:

OP: so sorry to hear about ur troubles! I totally agree with the above poster, I'm on follistem this cycle and all my numbers have been perfect so far, my ER is tomorrow after only 8 days of stimms so I would highly recommend follistem, good luck and lots of baby dust!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"