TTC journey is not as easy as what I'd thought it be..

Iwantbabydust

Reaction score
I haven't posted really this cycle, as I just wanted this month to be completely relaxed. Me and OH BD pretty much every other day since my period stopped, I didn't track or stress over symptoms or take 10 tests, and test super early. I didn't get my hopes up either.

Af got me this morning, along with the most intense cramps in my tummy, hip, bum and thighs. I threw up and felt super dizzy, this is the worst case of PMS I've ever had :( It's now onto cycle 4..I thought everything would happen a bit sooner, considering me and OH are young, of a normal weight and generally healthy.

Each time AF comes it gets more and more disappointing..my cycles are always 33 or 34 days, so on the longer side so the wait is a little longer.

I'm hoping this month is our month, my app predicts I will ovulate on the exact day of my birthday, hopefully the birthday vibes give us some luck!

My partner gets just as sad as I do, knowing we tried out hardest but it failed.. I guess trying for 4 months isn't too long compared to some of the journeys I read about on here, but it's still tough.

There could be underlying issues, but it hasn't really been long enough to be a concern yet. Of course, if you haven't been looked over, you could if you wanted to, as it definitely wouldn't hurt (other than maybe your wallets :wacko:)

Both DH and I are early 20's, and healthy too, but I have other issues. I can't believe I haven't used any contraception for 4 years now. I kind of figured it would have just happened because I was young and "healthy," but it never did.

But I wouldn't get worried yet. I know the annoyance of waiting during the TWW, and also the annoyance of being "relaxed" with no result. It suuuucckss, especially when you think it's your month.

Something you could do in the meantime that's relatively cheap is maybe test DH out to make sure everything is good? Either way, I'm sure it will happen for you soon, and here's to hoping you conceive around your birthday :dust:

I was expecting it to be easy this time too (trying for #2)
I had DS whilst I was on the pill so thought it would happen again as soon as I put down the contraceptives! :blush:

We've been trying since about October. I think the worst part is that I keep convincing myself that I recognise symptoms and every negative test is a case of "oh well that just means it's too early to show"... and then bam, period :nope:

I would keep tracking for a while as if you haven't had any luck after a while longer then at least you have charts to show, which may indicate issues you aren't seeing. When we asked our GP for help she asked for information on my cycles so I gave her information but also sent her my charts which she said were helpful.
It wouldn't hurt to have a few basic checks done, I wish I'd had them done earlier. We have been trying for almost a year and a half which isn't long in comparison to many, but we've had so many early losses I knew something was wrong. All my bloods have returned fine, but my pelvic scan showed I had a thin lining. I also had a polyp I didn't know about until it decided to come out on its own cycle before last. If I'd asked for help earlier I'd have had a scan earlier which would have shown this up and it could have been dealt with sooner. Polyps can stop implantation happening properly so this could be the cause of the many chemicals. I don't know whether my lining has been thin all along, but there are things I can try myself to get it thicker. Again though, if we hadn't asked for help I wouldn't have had a scan and wouldn't know my lining, at least at that time (last cycle) was too thin.
I know four cycles feels like a long time but it isn't long if you're both young and healthy to your knowledge.
If you want to speed things along then whilst you may not get referred to a fertility clinic yet, I would think they'd be happy to do some bloods to check hormone levels and you could ask for a sperm analysis or do one at home, although home kits only check count. You can also check your FSH at home using strips like OPKs or HPTs, but you're checking for follicle stimulating hormone instead and this should be done on CD3 I think, and then repeated I think a week later. This tells you whether or not your body is trying to ovulate too much, as in struggling to ovulate by producing too much of that hormone, so if it's positive both times you use the test then it's worth taking to your doctor as they can confirm with bloods. Or, you could just get bloods done.
There probably isn't any issue, but if you're concerned then ask for some checks to be carried out

I know what you mean. Me and DH are young too, and healthy, I even had an echo (unrelated to TTC tho), and she said everything was top notch, and we're onto cycle #5, and I really thought it would be quicker. I don't want to complain because I know other people have had much harder and longer journey, but I've been feeling it. Had a CP too, and I didn't think it would happen...

And then I know at least 5 girls in the past half year who got pregnant during a drunken one night with the pill and a condom... and here I am trying, timing, and nada.

I feel you, it's a harder journey than I expected but hang in there :)

I feel you! Af got me today so now we are starting the fourth try for baby #4. I got pregnant on the first try with all our kids and we are both healthy and under 30 years old so I really thought it would be easy... This cycle I won't be tracking my bbt and I'm not testing until af is late. My cycles are around 32 days so I have a long wait ahead, but I'm trying not to stress about it.

I know what you mean. Me and DH are young too, and healthy, I even had an echo (unrelated to TTC tho), and she said everything was top notch, and we're onto cycle #5, and I really thought it would be quicker. I don't want to complain because I know other people have had much harder and longer journey, but I've been feeling it. Had a CP too, and I didn't think it would happen...

And then I know at least 5 girls in the past half year who got pregnant during a drunken one night with the pill and a condom... and here I am trying, timing, and nada.

I feel you, it's a harder journey than I expected but hang in there :)

I'm sorry about your cp :hugs:
Looking at your charts, this one looks more positive than your others, your temps are looking good. Do you usually have a short lp? Just wondering if a little progesterone could help if so?
I know that frustration of knowing people who just become pregnant like that, as easy as that, and on bc! I find it frustrating that we found it easy to conceive before, and DD was before I got my cycles back, shortly after having DS2 and I was breastfeeding so the odds were against that happening in comparison to today! It's incredibly frustrating

I want to thank you all for your helpful advice! sorry it took me a couple days to get back, but it was good to read from you all :) I'm so glad that I'm on the TTC journey with all you ladies, I couldn't do it on my own. Yes OH is very supportive but it's nice to hear from you women going through similar struggles. I wish you all the best and I'm gonna really go for it this month.

baby dust to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->