Ttc july 2014

canadabear

Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!:flower:

Just thought I would start a little thread for anyone with a TTC date in July 2014.
Thought we could all chat and support each other.. and count down the days. Perhaps it would help us feel a little less :wacko: and :coffee: and even :nope:.. :winkwink:

If you would like to write a bit about yourself please feel free:

I am 36 years old with a 2 year old son, who was born in Spain. I am Canadian, DH is Scottish and we met in Ibiza, Spain for the first time in 2006. We are currently living in Canada, where we have decided to have our second child.
Looking forward to meeting more women WTT until July.. Not long to go now!!

* update: I am in the TWW now, and wasn't great at updating the list so thought it better to drop it now. Glad this thread is still active and thanks to everyone. Sending much :dust: to us all! *

Hello from the Prairies!
We are going to be starting for our 2nd child in July as well! I'm 30 and my DH is 32 and we have a 15 month old boy:) So I guess he will be 21 months when we start trying!
We had a heck of a time getting pregnant the first time around, but conceived the first round of clomid. I have an (annoying) mild case of PCOS, but since having my son symptoms have been gotten better. Ive got a physical booked for May and then we will start the process of blood work etc to see if I'm ovulating on my own. If the blood work shows that i did not(since we don't ovulate every month) we will do a second round of blood work the following month. If it's still a negative we will most likely be giving Clomid a try again. If we get a positive.... I will have a celebration party!!! and we will get busy! I'm nervous, scared, and excited all at once with the idea of adding a second baby to the mix!!

Awesome work on the Breastfeeding CanadaBear!!!

I kinda wrote a small novel :) I havent been that active on this site since M was born, I forget how to do all the emoticons lol.

Hello Feb!! :wave:
wonderful to have you on here! And sending you tons of good vibes/wishes for the blood test results! How was it taking clomid before?
I was diagnosed with mild PCOS a very long time ago now, but we didn't have any problems at all concieving.
Actually, we had just talked about starting to NTNP, just in case things took a long time and I needed some help.. but we got our BFN first cycle NTNP. :dohh::haha:.. actually was a bit sooner than would have been ideal. :wacko:

Other than the blood work etc.. are you WTT for other reasons?

THANKS FOR COMING ON BOARD... waiting for my new phone to get my count down app started again.. eeeeekkk. :haha::blush:

Hello Feb!! :wave:
wonderful to have you on here! And sending you tons of good vibes/wishes for the blood test results! How was it taking clomid before?
I was diagnosed with mild PCOS a very long time ago now, but we didn't have any problems at all concieving.
Actually, we had just talked about starting to NTNP, just in case things took a long time and I needed some help.. but we got our BFN first cycle NTNP. :dohh::haha:.. actually was a bit sooner than would have been ideal. :wacko:

Other than the blood work etc.. are you WTT for other reasons?

THANKS FOR COMING ON BOARD... waiting for my new phone to get my count down app started again.. eeeeekkk. :haha::blush:

The Clomid was okay... I had a bad head ache and that was my only real symptom. I used 50mg day 3-7 (i think) lol I have it written down somewhere:)

Other reasons of WTT are... I've had health issues in 2013. I was hospitalized in April with sever abdominal pain... a CT showed an inflamed lower bowel, but i was having other symptoms that an inflamed bowel wouldn't present.... long story short. I had a 5 day hospital stay ( away from my 6 month old :cry:) 2 CT's, 1 MRI, and my gallbladder removed all in 5 months :wacko:
End result was the gallbladder removal eliminated all nauseousness, and all around yucky feeling. The sever abdominal pain returned once in July and has stayed away since. My GI thought maybe Crohns... but was skeptical. He is leaning more towards just a simple infection. SO all that being said after my last appt with him he asked that I wait 6 more months to see if anything happens. It was a crazy year... I don't even like taking advil for cramps and having all that crap pumped into me for all those tests made me mental:wacko:

2 other reasons for waiting are the spacing between our kids, and we are going to Cuba at the end of January sans baby:happydance: our first vacation alone, as well as our last for a LONG time. lol. I want to sit on the beach with a cold beer and my book so badly...

What kind of phone are you getting?! I'm totally gonna get an ap for that!!

My hubby grew up on Vancouver island:)

How come you guys are WTT?!

Hello ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining in, we are also going to being trying from 1 July! I am 27, my husband is 33 and it will be our first baby.

I really was looking forward to 2014 as it would make the date sooner but I cannot get it off my mind now, so exciting! We are saving every penny to pay off our last little bits of debt so that I can at least take a year off work on maternity leave without worrying, that's the only reason for our wait. Annoying as I hardly remember what we spent the money on our credit cards on grrr!

I am currently on the pill and was wondering when you think might be a good time to come off to regulate my cycle and get my body back to normal? I was thinking a couple of months beforehand?

Also Feb4th2011, what is that date? I got married on 5th Feb 2011 xx

Can i join?

We'll be TTC #1 this summer because we'd like to try for an Easter/spring baby. Not sure which month we will start because i think that if it didn't work over summer then we'd end up waiting to pass possible due dates that would end up over expensive months lol

I'm 29 this year and DH will be 26, we're in England (DH lived in Vancover as a child for a while :) and he's hoping that we end up back in Canada in the future.)

We've been WTT since our MMC in 2010, we've been waiting for the 'perfect' time, which never came, so now that i'm getting closer to 30, we don't want to wait much longer. We want two children with a large age gap.

Even though things aren't perfect or the way i imagined then to be at this stage, we're just going to do our best and hope for a smooth and successful future.

Hi Pandora,

We are the same in the way that we ideally wouldn't want a baby in September/ October so only have a few cycles from July for it to happen. Both our birthdays are in September plus we normally go on holiday in August and my hubby is self employed so hiis earnings are less in September. I don't know if we'll want to stop ttc if it doesn't happen at the right time though, that would be hard!

I suppose if it did happen that way then we'd just have to be prepared every year!

Where in England are you? I'm in North London (originally from Essex ssshhhh!!:winkwink:)

Hello ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining in, we are also going to being trying from 1 July! I am 27, my husband is 33 and it will be our first baby.

I really was looking forward to 2014 as it would make the date sooner but I cannot get it off my mind now, so exciting! We are saving every penny to pay off our last little bits of debt so that I can at least take a year off work on maternity leave without worrying, that's the only reason for our wait. Annoying as I hardly remember what we spent the money on our credit cards on grrr!

I am currently on the pill and was wondering when you think might be a good time to come off to regulate my cycle and get my body back to normal? I was thinking a couple of months beforehand?

Also Feb4th2011, what is that date? I got married on 5th Feb 2011 xx

We got Married Feb 4th, 2011. Too funny!

Some woman I've talked to here in Canada have said their Doctors said to come off it 3 months prior to TTC. I haven't been on the pill for many years... maybe some of the other ladies have some insight?!

WOW..So great to have all you ladies here! :flower:

Sounds like a few of you have been through some difficlut times in 2013, and earlier.. sending you all :hugs:and wishing you the best as we start this new year together.

We are WTT for a few different reasons: waiting to get all of our paperwork together for DH to apply for his permanent residency, to save some money and have enough working hours to make maternity benefits, and because we are enjoying our DS so very much right now too :haha:

We are also dealing with my mother's terminal illness as well. She has just been given a max of 12 months to live.. we thought about changing our TTC date, but decided to stick with it and see how things are when July rolls around. It is hard, but she wouldn't want us not to have another baby because of her.

Happy to share this WTT countdown with all of you :hugs:

Hi Victoria, think it's up to you when you want to come off the pill. You could get pregnant straight away, it depends when your body starts ovulating again.

Hi Ladies!

I will be 28 in March and DH is 33. We have a little girl that just turned 2 this week! These 2 years have flown by and I have missing pregnancy since the day she was born. We plan to start trying for number 2 this summer and I am beyond excited. I am also kind of sad because this may be the last time I get to experience it. Also kind of nervous for my "baby" to lose some of my attention.

I don't know if we are really ready for another baby financially but I also don't know if you are ever really ready...you kind of just make it work.

Hi Pandora,

We are the same in the way that we ideally wouldn't want a baby in September/ October so only have a few cycles from July for it to happen. Both our birthdays are in September plus we normally go on holiday in August and my hubby is self employed so hiis earnings are less in September. I don't know if we'll want to stop ttc if it doesn't happen at the right time though, that would be hard!

I suppose if it did happen that way then we'd just have to be prepared every year!

Where in England are you? I'm in North London (originally from Essex ssshhhh!!:winkwink:)

We're living in Staffordshire.

We're trying to avoid summer due dates, mine and Dh's bdays are june/july but less than 2 weeks apart so we want to avoid another bday then and our wedding anniversary is sept. I really hope it works because i dunno if i could stop trying and wait until the next gap lol.

canadabear - i'm sorry about your mum :hugs:

WOW..So great to have all you ladies here! :flower:

Sounds like a few of you have been through some difficlut times in 2013, and earlier.. sending you all :hugs:and wishing you the best as we start this new year together.

We are WTT for a few different reasons: waiting to get all of our paperwork together for DH to apply for his permanent residency, to save some money and have enough working hours to make maternity benefits, and because we are enjoying our DS so very much right now too :haha:

We are also dealing with my mother's terminal illness as well. She has just been given a max of 12 months to live.. we thought about changing our TTC date, but decided to stick with it and see how things are when July rolls around. It is hard, but she wouldn't want us not to have another baby because of her.

Happy to share this WTT countdown with all of you :hugs:

Sorry to hear about you mum:hugs:

Ok ladies I know we're all excited because the year is finally here that we ttc but...... am I the only one feeling like the past 11 days have been the slowest ever!! I'm going to be a nightmare this next six months!

I hate the way I am so impatient and obsessive about things! Think I need to get obsessive about saving money or something else to focus on until July!

Yes slow and grim. It doesn't feel like a new year to be it feels like we've rewound back to September. It's depressing, and even though i think about babies every day, it doesn't feel like it's only months away, i'm not excited yet, worried yes, but not excited. I think it's probably because i've been waiting since 2009 that i'm not convinced that it'll go the way we hope it to.

Though DH has been letting me buy baby things to put in the loft, to him it's good planning lol

To be honest I'm so busy with my LO that i haven't been thinking about it all that much. Usually just at night when I'm going to be and have a minute to my own thoughts:) We've been cooped up inside with -40 weather for weeks now, today is only -9 but its so windy! I cant wait for spring!!!

I lied! The rest of the day that's all i could think of:)

Ah Feb4th it must be having a little one to cuddle while you wait!

Pandora I have realised this morning (by looking at my countdown app :blush: !)that it is exactly 24 weeks until 1 July! :happydance: that isn't that long if we can fill our time with positive tasks, I have booked two holidays this morning and set up the standing orders for our savings goals as have two credit cards that need paying off before July.

One of the holidays is to visit his brother and family who live in Cyprus and the other is to Spain at the end if July so will be completely obsessed by ttc by then! Might not let hubby leave the bedroom for the whole ten days!

Oh and Feb4th how do you go about normal life in -40!! If we have a few snowflakes in London the whole city shuts down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->