• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC just a little confused?

gymgirl123

Reaction score
Hello,
We have been TTC for 6 months now with no luck, but this month I have decided to purchase OPK's (never have before because I knew it would make me crazy, lol). Anyways on Wednesday and Thursday of this week I had light lines on OPK, took the test around 2 pm each day. We BD really early Friday morning like 2 am, and I got a positive on the OPK Friday afternoon around 3. We didn't get to BD last night and will not be able to BD tonight as my husband is out of town for work. Negative line on the OPK today at 12. Does this mean that we have caught peak ovulation? BTW we are really hoping for a boy, but would be thrilled either way to be pregnant. Anyone know if we hit optimal time? I am concerned now that it was too early as I have read that ovulation occurs 24 hours after LH surge (not sure if it is true or not). Any insite would be helpful. Thanks.

Additional information if it matters- I stayed in flat in bed after BD not sure if this helps or not. I had fertile CM on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and today seems to be much less but still stretchy.

BD in the days leading up to ovulation is ideal, so you should be good. Personally, I found CM to be better indicator of when to BD than the OPKs. The month I conceived (3rd cycle trying) was the first time I didn't get a +OPK. But I noticed fertile CM and got DH right to bed - obviously worked! Did you BD Wed and/or Thur? Those days would have been excellent too. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"