TTC not compatible with my lifestyle! Anyone else?

who's_mummy

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with this conscious TTC process. My last two pregnancies were a result of just being careless with the contraception so didn't have to give it any thought. This time however it seems really difficult to fit the BD in. We're both too tired by bedtime and I decided to make the effort with OH yesterday morning but the children were conspiring against us lol!

Also OH isn't as convinced as me about having another baby so while he's happy not to use contraception when he is i the mood I don't want to push it solely as a reason for BD iyswim?

Think I'll have to find the time to try and sell the idea to him a bit more lol!

Anybody else struggling to fit TTC in?!

:hug:
Gemma x

Hi Gemma, I do struggle a bit as well. It's more that we find we don't have much time because we both work shifts and some days we are like ships passing in the night! When one of us is on nights we usually sleep through the day and then are far too tired to do anything (let alone :sex:) when we get up. I have decided to only make a conscious effort to TTC when I am ovulating, that's only a few days out the month so hopefully will make :sex: not feel as much of a chore either at other times of the month.

Good luck in getting your :bfp:!

xx

Im the same
my oh workes a 13 hour day and is so tired when he comes home.
He knows I want another baby, but is not on to the fact that I am ttc.
He knows we are not using protection he says if it happens it happens so if he is too tired, I can not turn around to him and say "we have to im ovulating" think he would be quite shocked to know that I even know what ovulting is!!!!

:hug:

Glad to know it's not just me! Thanks for your replies and wishing speedy BFPs for us all!

Me and my DH decided ttc 4 months ago and Its seems like we have no time to get along and do it!, he works long shifts and I'm a full time housewife and mother to our 4 kids all under the age of 8!..
We should make more time but we are both tired by 10pm!! lol
Laura xx

yep ditto...i've always had quite a low sex drive, added to oh being older and therefore his machinery not quite as raring to go as regularly as when he was younger, added to work and other stuff its all equals such a mission!!!

i got pregnant few years ago by complete accident through one slip up and now it seems on a par with mission impossible!!

We are having similar problems, only that for us we both travel alot for work at the moment so it is proving difficult to ensure we are in the same place at the right time of the month. We have been trying for eight months now and have only been together at the right time through 50%.... bit frustrating.... Looks like this month is going to be a no BD- show as well... :dohh:

Right there with you! Only it's even more difficult. I'm away for the year in America, he's in London... we can only afford for him to come out once every 6 weeks....as i'm sure you can imagine, it's not easy! We're both quite prepared for it not happening this year as the times we are together won't always be when I am ovulating. It's a long wait to Sept though when we can make a concerted effort!

same ere!! my dh works from 4pm till midnight,might not sound2bad but its not easy, i get his son up4school at 7am, then thro day we both get things sorted,he sees his mam a lot of days as she sint that well.....but weve started trying to get :sex: in afternoon,i like it better aswell,we do need2try a little harder i suppose its got better than it was but ttc or not a active sex life is so important to me :)

Think I'm going to count my lucky stars that we are on the same continent then, that's got to mean we've got no excuse really! Seriously though, that must be really tough at times, even TTC aside :hugs:.

Thanks everyone for your replies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"