TTC number 2, my story

mme

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Here is my story so far
We are onto cycle 9. When trying for our second I was so nieive as I thought it would happen more or less right away as it did with my first, with my first our first month we didn’t really try as we had family issues which made my mind elsewhere and the second month we tried properly we conceived and I sort of thought it would be pretty quick again. We were not ready for another till end of last year and now it’s taking so long I’m worried the time gap will be way too big (dd is 5 now) I’m 35 next month and saw my gp a few weeks ago who has referred me right away which also worries me. I feel the more I worry it’s not doing me any good ! I’ve tried concive plus, pregnacare pre conception and dh has taken well man conception. I know no one can give me answers but felt I wanted to share x

Hi mme, Im also ttc number 2. We had a difficult time ttc for DS - from the time we decided ttc until we got DS in our arms was 4 years and 2 losses later. But he was worth it! I had hoped that was all behind me and just bad luck, which is what every doctor had told me. We decided to ttc number 2 and caught 2nd month but unfortunately we miscarried at 6 weeks. One year later and still no bfp. I haven't had the courage to go to the doctor yet. I'm 37 so I am worried that maybe DS was just a fluke. I hope you get your little one soon!

I’m sorry to hear that flou. These past 8 months have felt like forever.
I have ordered pre seed which I plan to alternate with conceive plus, I have also ordered some omega 3 fish oil capsules which I plan on taking when they arrive. I will try anything at this stage !

Also TTC#2 here. Getting pregnant with our first was a long ordeal with 4 years TTC and eventually he was conceived via IVF. Our chances of natural conception aren't impossible but are slim with male factor issues. But we're giving it a go until we can afford a frozen embryo transfer next year. Feel like I've forgotten so much of what I learnt before. Just ordered some prenatal vitamins for example after remembering I really ought to be taking those when TTC! Best of luck to everyone xx

Also TTC#2 here. Getting pregnant with our first was a long ordeal with 4 years TTC and eventually he was conceived via IVF. Our chances of natural conception aren't impossible but are slim with male factor issues. But we're giving it a go until we can afford a frozen embryo transfer next year. Feel like I've forgotten so much of what I learnt before. Just ordered some prenatal vitamins for example after remembering I really ought to be taking those when TTC! Best of luck to everyone xx

How long have you been TTC ?
I have my first blood test in 2 days then again at cd 22. Hubby is waiting an appointment this go for sperm analysis so at the minute we are clueless as to wether anything is not right with either of us.

How long have you been TTC ?
I have my first blood test in 2 days then again at cd 22. Hubby is waiting an appointment this go for sperm analysis so at the minute we are clueless as to wether anything is not right with either of us.

This is our first proper cycle TTC again but we've been NTNP since our son was born and not even a hint of a bfp. But then my sex drive hasn't been brilliant so we haven't really given ourselves a huge chance. My husband's count, motility and morphology are all low so our odds aren't great at all but got to have hope right? And if nothing happens naturally then we will have our FET next year. Good luck for your blood test and your Hubby's SA!

Hi mme :wave: I'm following along! Rooting for your :bfp: !!

Hey mme :flower:
Bringing good luck ttc vibes I was with you through the first here's to the second. I so want to start ttc for #2 but hubby still isn't 100% ready same as first time round :dohh:
I'll be here for your journey Hun xx

Infact ladies I've just st read through all your ordeals & what a little late lovely group i can feel this will be. My story ttc #1 roughly a year of ttc before finally getting our BFP unfortunately that ended in a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks 3 days. We the got our BFP with our DD 3-4 months later.
Now using the pull out method but me really wanting to start ttc #2 just have to wait for hubby to come round.hopefully not to long to wait till we can try. Good luck to everyone

I'm TTC#2 also. On cycle 12 at mo with a few months NTNP before that. My daughter is 7 now & I worry the age gap is getting bigger now, she talks often about having a brother or sister too! It only took 3 cycles to fall pregnant with her so I'm really worried why its taking so long. I've had a blood test & a scan which was fine & just waiting on hubbys sperm analysis results now which we should have any day!

I agree this could be a lovely group. Good luck to everyone! :dust:

Kittiecat
Yes defiantly all you can do is try. I wish you all the luck and do keep us updated !

Thank you mrsmummy !

Bumble yes here’s to the second. I never thought that anyone on my first journey would be here on the 2nd 😀
I so regret not trying sooner now we are onto cycle 9. If i knew then I would have TTC when dd was 3/4. I do hope your hubby comes round to the idea very soon !

Hi pamg
I too worry about the age gap. If we conceive this month my dd will have just turned 6. Are you in the UK ? If so can I ask how long it took to get an appointment for the sperm analysis ? My dd also talks about a brother or sister all the time, sometimes I feel like shouting ‘we are trying’ I so feel for her as I’m sure she wants it as much as me and hubby !
What cd are you today ?

CD 1 today period started today. Lots of luck ladies

I know it’s easier said than done but try not to panic about age gaps. There’s 12 years between me and my sister but I adored being a big sister and my mum had two more after her! Obv your gaps will be nowhere near that long but I think there’s no such thing as an ideal gap. I’m a firm believer in fate and what will be will be <3

I know it’s easier said than done but try not to panic about age gaps. There’s 12 years between me and my sister but I adored being a big sister and my mum had two more after her! Obv your gaps will be nowhere near that long but I think there’s no such thing as an ideal gap. I’m a firm believer in fate and what will be will be <3

Wow 12 years ! Everyone I know has their age gap of 2-3 years but we didn’t feel ready at that point. It was only the end of last year we both agreed we felt we actually wanted another. My trouble is I’m very impatient and Im a big planner ! This I can not control unfortunately. Before I had dd my cycles were 30 days now they are 27, I worry my body is gearing up for the change too soon. Maybe if i didn’t worry about things so much that would help but easier said than done.

Oh I get it! I’m a big planner too and feel very upset when things don’t go to plan! We’d originally planned more treatment when our son was one but then I didn’t feel quite ready and we had to delay due to money. Now I feel so ready but for financial reasons we still have to wait. Finding it so tough.

Yeah 12 years was massive. Would have been shorter but she had two miscarriages. People keep asking us why we are planning on having “such a big gap” which winds me up cause they know the issues we had and I didn’t think 3 years was THAT long.

Oh and I’m sure you’re body’s not gearing up for the change just yet! I think cycles can change after pregnancy. I’ve noticed mine have but then I’ve always been a bit irregular anyway x

Hi pamg
I too worry about the age gap. If we conceive this month my dd will have just turned 6. Are you in the UK ? If so can I ask how long it took to get an appointment for the sperm analysis ? My dd also talks about a brother or sister all the time, sometimes I feel like shouting ‘we are trying’ I so feel for her as I’m sure she wants it as much as me and hubby !
What cd are you today ?

Yes I'm in the uk. I just got my hubby to ring his doctors to ask about a sperm analysis. He requested a telephone appointment & when he spoke to the doctor just said we had been tying for over a year & I had been reffered for tests so could his doctor refer him also. He had to ring our local hospital to book a time slot to come in and do it. He got an appointment pretty quick which was good.
I'm on cycle day 21 at the moment. The last few months I've had a shorter cycle with a lp of 9 days so af could arrive by Fri. If it happens again I'm going to ask my doctor about the day 21 blood test to check my progesterone. I'm not sure whether it could just be due to me being anxious about trying so long. Its hard to just forget about it tho!

Yeah the whole process is very anxiety provoking. First time round we got a lot of “if you’d just relax it’d happen”...yeah easier said than done when everyone around you is getting pregnant easily and it’s taking you years.

My husband’s cousin had his second child yesterday and their first just turned two. Feel like so many of my friends with children a similar age are having their second. Had a break down moment begging him to just let us go for our FET now but he reasoned with me saying that it would make things v difficult for us financially to add more to our debt right now. I just hate it and wish that we could just easily plan for a second like everyone else. We get asked so often when we are having another even though people know what we went through for Noah. It does my head in.

Hope I didn’t cause any offence what I said about age gaps btw. Think it came out wrong. Just was trying to show how age gaps of all sorts can work. But it is heart breaking when you never imagined a gap so long :hugs:

Another reason why I'd really like to start ttc is the age gap. If we feel pregnant straight away which I very much doubt we'd have a almost 5 year gap.
My little girl is actually telling people her little brother Max is coming soon :nope: I have no idea where she got the name or idea from.
She told me the other night I made her in my tummy so why can't I just make another. She even said she would help, bless her.

Ohh & Kittiecat I am cd10 my cycles are between 30-32

Are any of you using any kind of ovulation testing. I won't at the beginning just keeping an eye out for ewm during my cycle. D

Yeah the whole process is very anxiety provoking. First time round we got a lot of “if you’d just relax it’d happen”...yeah easier said than done when everyone around you is getting pregnant easily and it’s taking you years.

My husband’s cousin had his second child yesterday and their first just turned two. Feel like so many of my friends with children a similar age are having their second. Had a break down moment begging him to just let us go for our FET now but he reasoned with me saying that it would make things v difficult for us financially to add more to our debt right now. I just hate it and wish that we could just easily plan for a second like everyone else. We get asked so often when we are having another even though people know what we went through for Noah. It does my head in.

Hope I didn’t cause any offence what I said about age gaps btw. Think it came out wrong. Just was trying to show how age gaps of all sorts can work. But it is heart breaking when you never imagined a gap so long :hugs:

No of course you did not cause any offence. We didn’t plan a second until recently and just assumed It would happen as fast as the first time round so it’s a bit of a shock that 9 months later nothing has happened.

For me it is all the other school mums that are having their second. It’s getting me down seeing so many new born babies and pregnant women. Many of them ask will we have another and I just say oh we have not decided yet. It’s so hard as you can not escape it.

Is there any way financially you could bring it forward slightly ? Working any overtime, having a clear out and selling things ? I’m sure things like this you will have already considered.
Not sure how big your families are but at Christmas request money instead of gifts - guessing they will know what it’s towards ?
I do hope it happens naturally for you. I read your journal and see you are in your fertile stage now on cd 10. I will be following keep everything crossed &#129310;

Hi pamg
What cd are you today ?

Yes I'm in the uk. I just got my hubby to ring his doctors to ask about a sperm analysis. He requested a telephone appointment & when he spoke to the doctor just said we had been tying for over a year & I had been reffered for tests so could his doctor refer him also. He had to ring our local hospital to book a time slot to come in and do it. He got an appointment pretty quick which was good.
I'm on cycle day 21 at the moment. The last few months I've had a shorter cycle with a lp of 9 days so af could arrive by Fri. If it happens again I'm going to ask my doctor about the day 21 blood test to check my progesterone. I'm not sure whether it could just be due to me being anxious about trying so long. Its hard to just forget about it tho!

That’s good you did not have to wait long for your hubbys appointment. Did your doc not mention blood tests to you then ?
So guessing your are around 8dpo today?

Bumble I know the feeling ! My dd has a name she picked and asks me all the time is baby in my tummy yet. If only it was so simple.

I have used ov tests on and off, I get ov pains so can pin point without testing. Plus we have been doing the deed every day from cd7 to cd16, thinking we may be doing it too much if that’s at all possible &#129335;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->