TTC - On Clomid

RNmommy

Mom of 2 and Pregnant!
Reaction score
Hello!!! I was just wondering if anyone wanted to be TTC buddies with me. I am currently on CD7 but am not really sure how long my cycles will be. Before my last period, it had been a full 2 months since the one before that.
So, I just took my last Clomid this morning and am praying that I actually ovulate this month. Will be doing OPKs like a feen.

Anyone else on Clomid or around the same CD as me???

I'm on CD 7 too and have crazy all over the place cycles. Last cycle for me was 50 days. I just finished my first round of soy isoflavones which is supposed to work like clomid so it seems like we're pretty similar this cycle. Hopefully it'll be the lucky :bfp: for both of us this month!

Yep! I'm hopelessly addicted to this forum! It keeps me from driving hubby crazy with all my baby talk and cycle tracking :)

So what is your plan for this month? I'm Rachael by the way, or Rae (easier to type). I've been TTC since the beginning of November and I'm 26 years old.

Im on here every chance I get...LOL!
Im having a hard time keeping track of my conversations. Im new to this site and trying to get the hang of it. Any tips?
Well, this month was my first Clomid round and I'll be doing my OPKs. I havent added anything else to my regimen at this point. Waiting to see what happens with my ovulation this month.
I have to go back to the GYN around CD22-24 for blood work and follow up U/S.
My name is Jenna and Im 30 years old. My cycles before used to last 32-35 days but my last one was 2 months. Hopefully the Clomid helps me this cycle.
FX :)

I usually track my conversations through the "user cp" link in the purple bar up at the top. It pulls up your "subscribed" threads which are ones you have posted in. Otherwise, I'd never remember every comment I made :)

I am being really impatient now with my cycle. Up until now I had AF to distract me and then the last days of taking soy. But now, it is just a waiting game and I just want to ovulate so we can get things going. I've also been trying to lose a little weight and committed to only weigh-in once a week so I'm having to wait on that too. I think this place is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

I know how you feel. I need to lose some weight too. I am heavier now than I was at 9 months preggers with my son. But I was really tiny when I got pregnant with him.
I wanted to do those HCG diet drops and actually ordered some. I have the bottle. But I didn't want to start them yet. Being I just started the Clomid and am trying to get preggers, I didn't want to mess things up. Although, the HCG drops aren't supposed to interact with anything, I just didn't want to take the chance.
Ive started walking and now that its warm again will start swimming. A couple times a week on the elliptical will help too.
Im sure my cycles are off and hormones are screwed up because if my weight. Its like a vicious circle. Being a woman sucks sometimes. LOL!!!

Are you doing OPKs? (I cant remember, sorry)

I think my weight has something to do with my irregular cycles too since when I was exercising like crazy to lose weight for our wedding I had pretty regular cycles. It is tough being a woman! Guys have it so easy! I've been going on a walk or hike on the trails with hubby and our dogs every day after work. Then later at night I add in more cardio (like step or dance) 3 times a week and strength (resistance band or pushups/situps) 2 times a week. I've been at it all week and plan to weigh in again on Sunday so fingers crossed it is making a difference! I've also been tracking my calories and recording food and work-outs through sparkpeople.com since that is what I used last time I was losing weight.

I am using OPKs. I took one yesterday just to make sure I didn't miss anything since I'm hoping for earlier ovulation this cycle. It was negative very very very faint. So, I'll probably wait and take another tomorrow and continue on every other day until the line starts getting significant.

I need to order more OPKs. I think Ive got 13 or 14 left. Im on CD 8 and not sure when I can expect to O. but if it takes longer I dont want to be stuck with no OPKs. Might order a small pack.
Once my son starts school after his break Im going to start going to the gym with the hubby everyday. Need to do something I guess. Unfortunately, this weight isn't going to fall off on its own. LOL!

I so wish it would just fall off! That would make things so much easier. Although, I have to admit that exercising has really helped with my moods and stress so it isn't all bad. I think there is a yoga for fertility video out there somewhere and I may look for that too.

I ordered a 50 pack of OPKs from Amazon so they should last since I only used 3 last month because I didn't get them until late in my cycle. I have no idea when I'll ovulate either since my cycles have been really long lately. I'm hoping this month will be a bit closer to normal for me. But I'm testing early just to make sure. I doubt I'll see anything close to a positive until another week or so.

I went and counted my OPKs. Ive only got 11 left so I went online and ordered more. LOL!!!

I'll probably have to do that. I just called and made a gyno appointment too but since I'm a new patient they can't get me in until June!! I guess if I get pregnant before that I'll just have to go to my regular doc for blood test and then call back and be like I need to get in sooner! I'm kind of regretting not having my general doc do the pelvic exam when I saw her in Nov. She recommended me an obgyn since we're TTC and asked if I'd rather just get everything done with them. Silly me said yes and now I don't know what to do. I know I need to get it done since I'm 26 and never been checked out before. I've been avoiding doctors as much as possible but finally just sucked it up and now I've got it all in a mess. *sigh*

On a positive note, I'm noticing some ovary twinges and I'm breaking out. Ok, the breaking out isn't positive but I only do it around ovulation or AF so maybe the soy is working and this cycle will be shorter!

This is also my first cycle on Clomid. I am on 50 mg cd 5-9.
I would love to be buddies!!!
I also did not have a period 2 months before this cycle...did you also have to take provera?

Hey Brooke!!!!
You know, its kinda funny. I went to the doctor on March 10th and my GYN did all my blood work, exam and U/S. He gave me a prescription for Provera and told me to start it that night and take it twice a day for 5 days. He told me that my period would start 7-10 days later and then to start the Clomid on CD3-7. Well, I went home, filled the rx. Took the first Provera that night, took another one the next morning and then I got my AF that afternoon! LOL! I never finished the Provera. I started my Clomid on CD3.
Today is CD13 for me and not much is going on. Im still waiting to O. Ive been using OPKs twice a day. Now Im forcing myself to get on a schedule. Im going to do them at 11am and 7pm. Im just so impatient....LOL!!!!
How are things going for you??? What CD are you? Any side effects?

Hey Brooke,
Guess what? Im watching Baby Story on TLC and the lady on there said that when her and her husband decided to get pregnant it took 8 months and nothing happened. Her doctor put her on Clomid and she got pregnant first cycle.
And she also BOUGHT HERSELF A DESIGNER HOSPITAL GOWN ONLINE...LOL!!

I want a designer hospital gown!!!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!! Now Im watching Make Room For Multiples and this woman said her & her husband tried for a year to get pregnant and nothing. Her doctor put her on Clomid and was on it for one month and got pregnant with TRIPLETS!!!! LOL!!!!

I am on cd 15 right now...so not far ahead of you. The same thing happened with my provera, I got af before I finished it...so I was really happy, because I was anxious to start the clomid. The only side effects I really had was that I was pretty emotional the first couple days, but it passed.

I have never had a positive opk before, so I am going a little batty :haha:
I have been testing twice a day as well, once in the morning, and then again in the afternoon. I think I got a positive yesterday morning, but then last night it was negative...so who knows!!!

I am having horrible pains on my left side, so I hope I am getting ready to ovulate. I am bd'ing anyway just in case...my hubby is pretty happy :haha:

I am hoping clomid works sooo bad!!! I will be okay with a single or even a multipe pregnancy...but I do have to say I have always wanted twins!!!

How has clomid been for you???

Do you have any other children, or will this be your first???

The Clomid has been good to me so far! No terrible side effects.
I am trying for #2. Ive been preggers twice. My first one ended in a mc at 14wks. (The mc was about 12yrs ago and my son is 6yrs old)
I would be happy if the Clomid Gods would bring me one healthy baby, but 2 would def be nice. Im not sure about 3!!!! LOL! I'd lose my mind!!!!

I want a designer gown too!!!

This site has some cute ones

https://www.trendytummymaternity.com/maternity-hospital-gowns.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back