• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ttc plus breastfeeding/weaning??

simplyexcited

Reaction score
Hi all,

This forum was a great help to me with conceiving no 1:) no 1 is now 12 months (after 12 months of ttc) and now is weaned from breast to 1 feed at night. I'd like to continue this feed but would also like to get pregnant with no 2! Anyone else in similar boat? No period yet but ewcm on off all 12 months really. A lot more in last month have noticed and twice in the last month noticed a little blood streaked ewcm. Cramping in off but still no period.....!

Looking forward to chatting!:flower:

hi i am ttc and still breastfeeding my 19 month old no af yet but getting there gud luck hun x

I'm getting depressed. I've had 2 full periods only post-partum. Been TTC actively since 12 weeks. Obviously the breastfeeding is just whacking my cycles.

I'm starting to hate myself again, why can't I just get pregnant as easily as other people??

Hey gals! I'm planning on weaning DD (almost 13mo) in a couple of weeks and we're currently in our first month of TTC#2...

It's tough isn't it! You want to do the best for no 1 but if it's taken a while to get pregnant you don't wanna delay too much...! I can't decide weather to try to maintain this feed (tough as supply is dropping) and see if period returns for a few months or cut it out altogether.

Lian_83 I do know how you feel but is suppose nature has made it that we struggle to get pregnant while breastfeeding - suppose in the natural world this is the norm, so it's not you - you're perfect :)

My bestfriend got pregnant while breast feeding throughout the day! She only stopped breast feeding when her milk changed and her DS rejected it in disgust LOL her second baby is now due in 8 weeks.

I am BF'ing my first (17 months) and TTC my second. I plan to nurse through and tandem feed (if all goes well).

There is a MASSIVE thread in NTNP called Breastfeeding one baby not preventing another, recommend! Lots of women there are NTNP, some pregnant already and staying with friends to be supportive, and lots actively TTC (myself included).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"