TTC & Possible Yeast Infection..TMI sorry

Gabrielle

Mum of 2! Pg with # 3!
Reaction score
Okay girls so i'm cd9 today and yesterday i noticed alittle bit of itchiness when wiping in the vaginal area. We bd last night and it kinda burned and itched...not TOO bad but enough to bother me. I'm assuimg a yeast infection is starting up. I had one about three months ago and got some meds from the store and only used alittle bit so have tons left.

I have two questions? Should i go ahead and use the meds b4 the yeast gets out of control and is it safe for ttc?

Also...is having a yeast infection going to kill the spermies???? Im glad its only cd9 and hopefully will be gone in two days...

Just wondering what you girls think or if any of you know about ttc and yeast infections?

Thanks girls! :hug:

i hun, i have had a yeast infection before and i know how irritating it is! mine was unbearable lol and it put me of :sex: any way.

i would say it is totally upto you wether you continue to :sex: or not - but it may make it worse. i dont think it can kill the spermies but it might be better to wait untill your feeling better.

xx

So far i've read that Yeast doesnt kill sperm..but that the vaginal creams do?...what do you girls think?

I think if im going to try and treat it ..to do it today? yes , no?

yes, treat it and get it better becuase it will only get worse if you dont. i had to take medcine while i had my cystitis and it said not to drink if pregnant or trying (dont know why). but i had to because i couldnt stand it any longer.

xx :hug:

Yeah, i know.....im just going to wait and see what everyone else says. I've read women will bd and then after they know the sperm has moved up then they use the meds so that it doesnt effect the sperm. :) Plus i shouldnt o for a few days or more yet.

Thanks Drakey!

Hi Gabrielle,

I have had a chronic yeast infection all my life. I can remember being a kid with it. Not only is it down there, but through my whole system...my guts, my throat etc...and no amount of drugs kill the thing. Ive tried everyting to eliminate it...herbs, medications, suppliments, probiotics, special diets, creams etc...all you can imagine, Ive tried it and more

Ive basically accepted Im never going to get rid of the thing fully now...I hope I do. But Im kind of used to it. Its now much less bad than it once was. I can no longer eat any sugar or yeast, which sucks because theyre hidden in everything! (Yeast feeds off sugars in your system) But that really helps, its now pretty mild...but I do get pain during sex sometimes

Dont worry though, ym case is very rare! Most will clear up no problem

Right, back to your question. Ive researched this like mad as obviously its a huge concern. Youre not supposed to take the meds whilst ttc. But Id get this cleared up beforehand if I were you as I know how it can spread and become rooted! Itd be worth it. Id recommend probiotics (or eating those probiotic yoghurt things) drinking plenty of water, cranberry juice (unweetened) and lowered sugar and yeast in the diet along with your meds. I also used to like (before ttc) a cream called Biofem to soothe itching. Its all natural.

I have read the same as you that it wont harm the spermies in any way...just make sex less enjoyable (too right!) I pray this information is right!

Good luck, sorry for rambling!

OMg, ILOVE...im sorry that you have to deal with this your whole life! omg, i couldnt imagine! Today i think its just starting, just a lil red and itching and burning...but i know it will just get worse if i dont do anything. last time i had it all i did was put the vaginal cream on the outside and it was gone!:) Sooo today i put alittle bit on the outside and i am going to wait and see what it does. Im only cd 9 so thought about using one of the capsales tonight when i go to bed?.....other than that i will get some yogurt too! mine are never really TOO bad and i will deal with it as long as it doesnt prevent ttc!!! I really want this to be my month and now this.....grr its just upsetting me! Af just left YESTERDAY!

Sorry for my rant..hehe, and thanks so much for all your information!:)

Thanx lots:hug: and youre welcome. Yeah its been pretty rubbish, especially as most doctors just shrug it off and say "well take some canesten then!" and just get frustrated because they dont know the answer. Ive adaptabed now and its much better than it was, and Im really thankful to that (and its mostly thanx to info on the net etc, like reducing sugar which docs never told me)

Thankfully yours sounds really mild and easily treatable, I think the majority of women get the vaginal flareups every now and then...its just very rare for it to take over. Im assuming I had a bad flareup as a kid that was left untreated. My mum said I was always crying I was itchy

Anyway good luck hun, I bet itll be gone quick as your last one and shouldnt affect ttc at all:hugs:

:dust:

Hi Gabby,

I think it is good that you are using the cream and if you still have it in the morning ask your doctor about taking the tablets, it might also be a good idea to ask if your DH should take the tablets as well since often I have heard men can be a carrier.
They don't show symtoms but they can re-infect their OH. Life just isn't fair is it when you are a women!!

Good luck hun, and remember you are only CD9 so there is plenty of time to get this fixed so you can get your Christmas :bfp:

If you have a yeast infection and have sex you will pass on to you husband and then he pass it back to you, Men do not show signs of it so he could have it and you should go to the doctors and get a prescription for two diflucans and both of you take the one tablet and it will clear it up for both of you just in case he contracted it from sex. it is better to be safe than to miss out on the chance to conceive.

Okay girls so i'm cd9 today and yesterday i noticed alittle bit of itchiness when wiping in the vaginal area. We bd last night and it kinda burned and itched...not TOO bad but enough to bother me. I'm assuimg a yeast infection is starting up. I had one about three months ago and got some meds from the store and only used alittle bit so have tons left.

I have two questions? Should i go ahead and use the meds b4 the yeast gets out of control and is it safe for ttc?

Also...is having a yeast infection going to kill the spermies???? Im glad its only cd9 and hopefully will be gone in two days...

Just wondering what you girls think or if any of you know about ttc and yeast infections?

Thanks girls! :hug:

hey hun i suffer with this sooo much that when my doc gives me antibiotics he also gives me canesten....lol

anyways i wouldnt :sex: at all until it has cleared up as u CAN pass it on and its just as itchy for him as it is you if not worse just ask my OH when we made that mistake and to be honest it hurts doing the :sex: anyway with yeast infection, go chemist and get some oral tabs or cream it will go in a day or to hunny x

So i have monistat here...the lil egg talbets that go up the vagina....in that tube....? i've got like 10 of em? i lost the directions...what should i use just one? i cant not bd girls im going to o sooN! ...it doesnt hurt that much....i've had em in the past and mine are usually mild i dont have any clumpy discharge either..just some burning.

oo the pessaries are horrible - like chalk bullets! there messy as well - i much prefer the tabs! xx

ok heres the scoop! I called the pharmasict and they said to have the doctor write a precription for the pill....so i called the doctor.....and they say no pill , that when your pg or ttc the tube stuff is the best!! grrrrrr im annoyed....guess i'll just use this crap a and get it over with! thanks for all your replies girls.

btw she also said best thing too is to just keep hydrated and eat yogurt which i've been doing all day!

Sorry to revive an old thread... But this popped up in my search a couple weeks ago when I was TTC and had a yeast infection. I didn't know what to do, afraid of killing sperm! What I did was BD at night, then wait about 3-4 hrs then use monistat up in there at night. Then during the day nothing... Hopefully the monistat would make it's way out... Then at night BD again and a few hours later reapply monistat up in there.

I ovulated in the middle of all that, and just found out I'm pregnant... So it can happen!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"