TTC Post-IUD - anyone else?

Tristansmom

TTC #3
Reaction score
Hi all, I am TTC #2, had an IUD (Nova T, non-hormonal) for three years, removed October 2013. Had my second attempt at a natural-cycle IUI on December 22 (positive OPK afternoon of Dec 21, too late to get into the lab that day). Currently in 2ww, broke down and POAS at 9DPO but got BFN so waiting to POAS again until Sunday.

Just wondering if anybody has TTC after an IUD? Any thoughts/tips/suggestions/etc?

I am in the same boat, same IUD :) no suggestions tho... haha. I got mine removed Dec 23, by chance I am pretty sure I O'd in and around that time... we BD'd on Christmas night and the jury is out on whether "it happened" or not... if it did, so much for my Halloween baby ha. i've had a few minor potential "symptoms" but nothing too much today, just some funny cm.. ill test next week! 8 DPO approxish today

I had my Mirena IUD removed on Dec. 4th. My period showed on Dec. 8th and was very heavy and lasted six days. I tracked my cycle but could never pinpoint when I ovulated. Thought for sure I was pregnant. I still haven't started now, I'm late six days but lots of negative tests. I'm so confused! I hope you ladies don't have the same experience as me, but if you had the coil, I think that's hormone free so hopefully your cycle will return normally. If anyone out there has had a similar experience to me please let me know! :)

Mine was non hormonal so I had regular cycles the entire time, and lo and behold I got my bfp a few days ago!! Good luck!!

I had my Mirena IUD removed on Dec. 4th. My period showed on Dec. 8th and was very heavy and lasted six days. I tracked my cycle but could never pinpoint when I ovulated. Thought for sure I was pregnant. I still haven't started now, I'm late six days but lots of negative tests. I'm so confused! I hope you ladies don't have the same experience as me, but if you had the coil, I think that's hormone free so hopefully your cycle will return normally. If anyone out there has had a similar experience to me please let me know! :)

Hi, I am in the same boat. Got my Mirena removed Dec 15th 2014 and got a heavy period that lasted about 6 days on Dec 17th. Have been tracking my CM since removal and thought I had an idea of when I ovulated. I am on day 37 of my cycle and have not had my period yet. Have taken 5 pregnancy test in the last 10 days and all negative. Very confused as to what is going on :cry: Hubby and I want to start trying for #2, but its stressful not having any idea when or if I am even Oing. Really hoping the Mirena didn't do any damage! Anyone with advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mine finally showed on day 35. This new cycle has been so much more normal, in fact, I'm ovulating today according to an opk and cm and cp. that first cycle I couldn't pinpoint ovulation with opks or cm. Good luck!

Just had my mirena coil out yesterday , having a light bleed today hoping to get a proper cycle pretty soon
Good luck ttc

I had my out during my Menzies I ovulated like normal and now I'm two days late I hope I am pregnant my husband and I are trying for our first, I'm so nervous to test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"