TTC / Pregnant and going to the Gym

Maple_Fairy

Reaction score
I’ve joined a gym to try and lose some weight and get in better shape...the only thing I’m concerned about is going in the TTW and if this wolould have any harmful effects? Has anyone been pregnant before and been a gym goer? I’d like to try and keep going once pregnant (if I get that lucky!) as well to keep weight down as well. Has anyone else done this before or wanting too? Thanks...

My friend was going to the gym every night and she fell pregnant , she carried on exactly the same no issues what so ever , baby was born perfect .

The only thing she did say was she toned down her excercises near the end and didn’t weight lift .
Good luck

You can still weight lift pregnant, one of our girls at crossfit carried on right to the end (how I have no idea :lol:) but of course she has certain exercises she wasn't able to do, more as bump grew and/or made adjustments. You will need some quality coach advice.

What kind of gym facility do you use? Do you get programmes or just go and do your own thing?

<3

Oh god I couldn’t weight lift now never mind when pregnant with a big bump lol

I went to the gym and lifted weights every day of my first pregnancy. I was at the gym an hour before my water broke. I’m 17 weeks pregnant now and still continue to lift weights and work out almost daily. I think it helps with TTC (I.e more stamina and natural endorphin) also during pregnancy (little to no aches or pains), and labor (I made it to 9cm without noticing). That’s my personal experience. I wish you the best with exercising and TTC!

Thank you for your comments.

Wobbles - I have literally just joined up and at the moment I am just finding my feet and using the cross trainer, rowing Machine, bike and treadmill. I may start doing classes once I build my confidence up.... I&#8217;m not very fit at the moment and haven&#8217;t done a lot of exercise over the last few years so I guess if I was to become pregnant this month I may not be able to do a lot of exercise....I definately don&#8217;t think I would be able to use weights... haha! I guess the best thing to do would be to speak to a personal trainer or something... I guess I just don&#8217;t want to pile on the weight when and if I get pregnant....

I personally did work out up until I fell pregnant. With my DD the gym was too expensive so I couldn't keep it up. I joined a cheaper gym and was kind of going regularly again til I got pregnant but I like classes and I almost don't have time with a toddler. If I was ttc when I first joined I would talk to an ob about the routine and what modifications I should make it in case I fell pregnant. If they okay it then go for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->