TTC Questions about BBT

KatieBump

Reaction score
Hi friends!!
A little bit of background:
This is my first month being off of birth control and I'm about 2 1/2 weeks in after my last sugar pill. Hubby and I are TTC and I am trying to figure out my CM and my BBT.
CM has been extremely inconsistent and a lot of times I don't feel anything at all or it's just a tiny bit and I can't tell what consistency it is.
As far as BBT I wake up usually one time in the middle of the night at some point to use the bathroom and it is always at a different time so I don't know when the best time to take my temp is! Sometimes it's at 3am and I wake up at 5 for the day, sometimes it's at midnight. Any help would be so appreciated! I also wake at different times throughout the week. Some days 5am, some days 6am, some days 8am.
Years ago before BC I had extremely irregular cycles so I really wish I could get my BBT on track so I could figure out what was going on.
Secondly, I wanted to find out if it is unusual to have the exact same BBT three evenings in a row down to the hundredth degree.

Hi Katie,
That's a tricky one. I suppose what I would do is set a temp alarm for your earliest normal wake up point and temp at that time everyday and just go back to sleep on days you can sleep in. Or you could just temp regularly upon waking for a while to see what happens. I have definitely done this when I have had different schedules. Just realize that the later you wake, the warmer you will be. Hopefully your thermal shift will be strong enough to see even with some variation. Waking at the same time is defiantly more accurate. If you wake at 3 before you 5 alarm, you may notice the temp to be unusual. You could also consider OPKs and just use your temp as a back up. Do you use those at all? If you chart on a program like fertility friend, you can also post it on the forum and get opinions about it too.

Hope this is a little helpful.

I think your thermometer is favoring temps. It is highly unusual to have the same temp three days in a row. You should buy a new one, different brand.

I have a poor sleep cycle also. Some times I wake up two or three times to pee. My motto for temping is I just do the best I can! I try to get a temp after sleeping at least three hours, sometimes it is at 1 am sometimes it is as 5am. Many women who are poor sleepers say that even though their charts looks crazy they still see a clear shift after ovulation but it may take a couple of months for you to notice. I have been temping about 40 days so far and it looks pretty crazy, I am going to give it a few months before deciding if temping will work for me or not.

It may take a while for your cycles to regulate after BCP so don't get too discouraged. Just keep on temping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->