TTC, sad new member

lizziedripping

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :hug:

Found this forum whilst googling "positive LH surge after ovulation", does that say it all?! We are TTC baby number 3, and it is driving me insane:cry:. Was hoping for some words of support here, because I'm on verge of giving up.

We conceived Harry aged 6 and Evie aged 4 first month of trying (literally). On top of that, we conceived a 3rd baby when daughter was 4 months old as a result of a one off "quickie" snatched between nappy changes and nose wiping!!! Sadly I slipped and fell at 6weeks in and lost that baby - tho am a believer in fate, and doubt I would have coped well with two small babies. Needless to say, to date conception has been scarily easy. Three years later, and we're struggling. We have now had 5 serious attempts, and nothing doing. I hve spent a small fortune on OPKs, and am so fed up trying to analyse the results, having purely functional, unromantic encounters with hubby and it all coming to nothing.

I know everyone will tell me that 5 attempts is nothing, and we were just lucky those first times - but let me explain why I am so jumpy. I have hit the magic 35 mark, my husband is 53, and I am terrified that in the last 3 years our combined fertility has dramatically dropped off the scale. I didn't want the age gap between our kids to increase any further, and neither did I want to be a new Mum at 40 (personal preference).

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so how long did it eventually take to conceive? Out of interest, I used opks to conceive our daughter, and I got a definite surge (line thicker and darker by miles). This past 6 months the lines have at best been the same with no absolute clear positive - then after ovulation (fertile mucous) have continued to be reasonably positive - am worried now that I am not ovulating.

Any advice would be most appreciated xxx

Welcome to the boards, Hon. :wave:

My name is Sarah, I am 28 and we have been TTC #1 since 1999 so I understand how frustrating TTC can be. Check out the Secondary Infertility section over in the LTTTC section of the board. You may find some ladies there that you relate quite nicely with.

Good luck!!!! :dust:

I've had several friends in the same boat, one ended up with 7 kids... after a string of 8 MC. Never give up hope :hugs:

hi lizzie honey!! welcome to TTC. glad you have decided to join us. You are right - 5 months is not a long time : ) There is every reason to feel positive.

As far as your OPKs go - I used CB digital OPK last month. It was more expensive - but there is no doubt when you get a +ve. We did conceive! Which was great, but it ended in an early loss at 5 weeks.

:hug: x

:wave: Welcome to BnB!!!

im new here too guys, just pottering around and finding me feets :) hope all are ok x x

Hi Lizzie

Welcome to B&B you will soon be wondering what you did before you found us! :rofl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->