TTC shortly after giving birth

carlywarly

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanting some info/advice please. I gave birth in July to my gorgeous little man. I hope to TTC number 2 around Dec/Jan time.

I know it's gonna be really difficult having two little people and a LOT of hard work. I am 30 next month and don't want to wait too long for baby #2. I want three children altogether I think, so need to get a move on - especially as OH is 53 next month!

We are a same-sex couple and conceived our son through AI with a donor. It only took me 2 cycles with charting/OPK's etc. It could take longer next time I know, then again I could be pregnant straight away.

Has anyone any experience of 2/3 babies close in age...especially anyone who chose it that way? I am forever in 2 minds - weighing up the pros and cons, but have decided not to talk myself out of it anymore lol.

Thanks for reading...ecen if you have no experience I would like an opinion :) Thank you!! xx

Not me personally as my biggest gap is 10 years and smallest 3 and a half.. But my sister has 3 under 4 (with 2 under 2) and she loves it! She loves the age gap between her kids and they are super close. She said its been hard at times, but that's more the adjustment from 1-2-3 kids rather than the kids themselves (hope that makes sense).

My advice is to go for it... My mum said to me once that she never regrets the kids she had,.But she regrets the ones she didn't!

Good luck xx

I plan on popping them out in fairly close succession as well. I cant offer much except to say we should be sure to replenish our nutritional stores (fat soluble vitamins and minerals, essential fatty acids, etc) after birth as much as possible so as not to genetically short change baby #2.

Good luck and happy BDing!

Awww thanks ladies! :) Loving the positivity. All the best to you both.

Well, I've had two under two for three months now (also had a baby boy this July), and I love it! We planned it that way, and we actually would have had kids closer in age but I had a MC two months before we conceived. So our boys are almost exactly 20 months apart and so far it's fabulous. Of course, our little Jimmy is a super easy/chill baby so far. I can imagine it would be a lot harder with a more difficult baby.

I think if you want three eventually then you'd best get at it as soon as you feel ready!

ETA: your user name makes me have a sweet tooth because I think of a curly wurly! :D

Well, I've had two under two for three months now (also had a baby boy this July), and I love it! We planned it that way, and we actually would have had kids closer in age but I had a MC two months before we conceived. So our boys are almost exactly 20 months apart and so far it's fabulous. Of course, our little Jimmy is a super easy/chill baby so far. I can imagine it would be a lot harder with a more difficult baby.

I think if you want three eventually then you'd best get at it as soon as you feel ready!

ETA: your user name makes me have a sweet tooth because I think of a curly wurly! :D

Awh wow thank you so much for the info hun, and Congratulations on both little men :) They are lovely!! xx

Hahaha mmmm curly wurly (sorry) hehe :haha:

I say go for it. We had our little boy 3 years ago, we conceived 1st cycle with no problems. We decided we wanted them close together as I was 35 at the time. We conceived again 1st cycle but sadly had a MMC at 10 weeks. We then went to conceive and lose a further 2 more time. 3 years and 1 day after having our little boy we finally gave birth to our rainbow. She was actually due on his birthday but came a day late.
We are planning and hoping for our final and number 3 asap. Little girl is 6 weeks old so hoping the other to be here when she is a year old.
I have lots of friends with them close together and they say it is so much easier than a bigger age gap.

Good luck xxx

Ive told my OH that i wont go on the pill or anything after we have our first (which i am yet to conceive) and told him i will be hoping to get pregnant within a year of having our first. He didnt quiet agree at first but i think he is coming around to the idea, i keep winding him up saying i want 4-6 children ;) but if trying to conceive this one is anything to go by id be lucky to have just the one lol

Awh thanks ladies :) Feel much more excited about the prospect now :D

Congratulations on your beautiful rainbow Mwaah

Good luck OTJ :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back