TTC supplements thread

simple

Reaction score
Ok ladies since clomid didn't work for me :shrug: what supplement did u take? And did it work or not.....

I've ordered fertilitea and fertilaid for my hubby.. will let u all know how it goes..

I hope you don't mind me popping over as I have had my daughter and I like to see how others are doing and provide any advice or support I can... I had very messed up cycles after I came off of the pill. They were anything from 28, 42, 33 and so on... So I tried Vitex and after 2 months it regulated my cycle and I got pregnant. At that time I also started Macca root, which I don't know if it aided or not as I had just started it. Best of luck to you and whatever you find that works for you...

Thank you so much for your reply!! it means soo much to me... Clomid really messed up my already messed up cycles. I'm currently on day 68 of my cycle!!!! I'm just waiting on my next cycle to start back but its taking forever!!

I'm taking Agnus castus (vitex) and starflower oil to regulate my cycles after mc and pregnacare and a b vitamin supplement too. Fingers crossed. X

HI I've heard many ppl taking those supplements..
Thanks

I took tribulus terrestris on cycle days 5-14 to help shorten by cycle.

This is my first cycle and I'm just taking a prenatal, folic acid, and baby aspirin.

i am taking:

maca root
fish oil
b complex
prenatal vitamin
coQ10

i just started the coQ10 and haven't found much information about how dosage. anybody know how much i should be taking??

i was taking vitex when i got my BFP (mc at 10 weeks), but then stopped taking it as i had read it was not good to take while pregnant and i worry that stopping it may have caused the problem. so, now i'm scared to take it.

Kelliq why do you think taking and then stopping the vitex could possibly have caused your mmc? I'm taking into and petrified at the thought of another mc. I'm also taking starflower oil (like evening primrose) and vit b.

I've heard to stop them after ov, but also heard others say not to suddenly stop or your progesterone can drop and counteract the effects. I'm 6dpo today and no idea when or how to stop taking my supplements! Maybe take them one day and not the next so my hormones don't have a sudden drop?

I have taken a prenatal since jan last year. I just started vitex, I'm wondering the same thing about taking it just to ovulation or the whole cycle & how much vitex should I b taking. I tried to take a b complex but it tasted horrible, was it just the brand I got or does it all taste so bad?

I'm not sure who it was but one of the ladies on here was saying that she took Vitex all through her first trimester and that that seems to be pretty common in the first trimester board. Hopefully she'll see this and can comment.

Kelliq why do you think taking and then stopping the vitex could possibly have caused your mmc? I'm taking into and petrified at the thought of another mc. I'm also taking starflower oil (like evening primrose) and vit b.

I've heard to stop them after ov, but also heard others say not to suddenly stop or your progesterone can drop and counteract the effects. I'm 6dpo today and no idea when or how to stop taking my supplements! Maybe take them one day and not the next so my hormones don't have a sudden drop?

I have since read that stopping it cold turkey (which I did) can cause progesterone levels to drop. If I were to take it again and get a BFP, I think I would continue taking it thru the first trimester.

I'm just so nervous because the bottle says do not take if ttc or pregnant. I was thinking maybe if I take a tablet today, half tomorrow and then quarter for 2 days that would be better than just stopping?

I could be wrong but I'd have thought the only way low progesterone could cause a loss would be an early loss with immediate bleeding as your womb lining would shed meaning the implanted egg would come out. I don't think it could cause a mmc as your progesterone must still be high if you are not bleeding?

I know there a few people who have taken it through first tri but I def don't want to risk it when it says not to on the bottle. I'm too paranoid!

I could be wrong but I'd have thought the only way low progesterone could cause a loss would be an early loss with immediate bleeding as your womb lining would shed meaning the implanted egg would come out. I don't think it could cause a mmc as your progesterone must still be high if you are not bleeding?

Well, my progesterone was low (10.7) at my first appointment at 7 weeks and my doctor put me on progesterone pills. My doc doesn't think low progesterone causes mc but that it is a symptom of a non viable pregnancy, so who knows?!

Oh I see. Here they never test for things like progesterone unless you have a known problem so I've got no idea what could have caused my mc. I think you a&e always terrified after mc that another pregnancy will also mc. I'm already anxious about how scared I will be when it happens. X

Thanks everyone for your replies... I've been taking red raspberry capsules to regulate my cycle, I've been on it approx two weeks but no AF as yet. My last two cycles were really messed up!! First one was 111days and this cycles is at 73 days and no AF.. I'm so down at the moment, took a test this morning but came up negative.

I just hope my AF regulates.

Sorry you are so down simple. Would you try acupuncture? I'm having it to help regulate my cycle, it is meant to be very good at rebalancing the menstrual cycle hormones. Could be worth a try x

Hi,

I will eventually if nothing works. I also ordered fertilitea and fertilaid for my hubby...
I'll let you know how it works

I just started taking coQ10. Does anyone know what the dose should be for female fertility??? I am taking 100mgs/day right now. Also, this should be stopped after a BFP, correct?

Ugh, why does TTC make me feel so crazy?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->