TTC this year after C Section

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by Heidi, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

Is there anyone else planning on TTC this year after having a section? How long ago was your previous section?
    :flower:

2. bky

bky :(

I'll be NTNP in a week or so, but as AF is not yet back (BF) we'll just see how that goes. My section was a bit over 6 months ago. We'll be actively TTC by the time LO hits 1 year though.

3. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

We should be starting TTC around June/July. And Emma's nearly 18 months now so plenty of spacing between. :D I'd really like to try for a VBAC so we waited long. And now DH is deployed so just waiting for him to get back! :flower:

4. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

I was never advised of any length of time to wait after I gave birth to Anna.

Anna has just turned 1 and we said we would try for no2 when she was 1, so we have just started trying!!!:flower:

5. Hiya, we'll be trying in May when Summer is 10 months old. I was only advised to wait 6 months so hopefully that'll be enough time.

X

6. i want it all

i want it all Well-Known Member

Me! My LO is 13 months old now, and we're waiting until summer. I'd love a vbac too! I was told to wait 1 yr - mine was an emcs so I don't know if that has anything to do with it? I have 2 friends who had planned sections, and there scars are quarter the size of mine!

7. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

I would also like to try for a VBAC but i don't have my heart set on it just in case things don't go to plan.
    I was never advised on how long i should leave it between pregnancies but if we TTC and get lucky straight away it will be around a two year age gap, if it takes as long as it did TTC our 1st then it will be almost a 3 year gap!

Is any body else a bit nervous about falling pregnant after a section? I feel like i've been tampered with in a way if that make sense :blush:

8. I want it all - I had an emergency section too so I don't think that's an indication of how long to wait, it seems every hospital/doctor says different! My friends doctor said that at 16 weeks after a c section you're apparently as healed as you ever will be? Not sure how true that is! My scar is tiny though and I can only see it if I look for it.

I'm quite nervous about having another pregnancy and seeing how it's going to affect the scar. I said right after I had Summer that I wanted a planned section next time as I had a horrific time in labour which went on far too long (70 hours), but I do occasionally think I might try for a vbac if I'm able to. I guess I'll have to see nearer the time and see if they'll let me anyway!

X

9. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

My midwife told me to wait at least 9 months, but that 15 months would be ideal (2 year gap that way). My section healed really quickly, but she said it's the inside scars on your uterus that are the concern, not the exterior one.

10. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

Mine is still very noticeable, it's faded at the edges but is still red, i had no problems with it and no infections :shrug:

11. i want it all

i want it all Well-Known Member

Mine is still really obvious too!

I am hoping labour will be easier next time round. 1) because it has to be natural (I was induced when baby was not ready!) 2) becuase I know what to expect a bit more. I totally shell shocked and not at all ready for it, even though I thought I was. I'm really nervous about rupturing, but I think if I go naturally before my due date I'll give it a go, and if I get to my due date, I'll have a planned section that day!

12. bky

bky :(

I was told 12-18 months as well, but so many people are told different things, and that's also the advised waiting time without a section so not sure what to think.

13. Agiboma

Agiboma ME+DS+DD+DH

it will be 1 year after my section that we ttc

14. Heidi

Heidi Mummy to two girls

Seems there is allot of people waiting around one year :thumbup:

15. KimmyB

KimmyB Well-Known Member

It may seem early as my baby is only 10weeks old! But we are also hoping to start TTC again when LO is 1. We definitely want more children and I love being pregnant! Good luck girls!

16. Pie

Pie TTC No.2

I had a CS towards the end of 2009 and OH & I are have discussions about trying for No.2 sometime this year (hopefully sooner rather than later as we don't really have time on our side!).

My scar is barely visible but I don't like touching it!

17. babydevil1989

babydevil1989 Well-Known Member

hi we will start trying april/may time and i had toby by emergency c - section in november 2009. x

18. Bee70

Bee70 Well-Known Member

we always said wait at least a year, so we are wanting to try soon, but we have other things to sort out first. I had an emCS but would like to try for VBAC, and if at all possible, a home birth

19. Lownthwaite

Lownthwaite 1DD and cooking #2!

DH wants to TTC when LO turns 1 this June, I'm not too sure and think I want to wait a little longer.......

I was never given a time scale as far as TTC after CS goes. Mine was an emergency section and I would hope for a VBAC next time but I am worried about how my scar would handle another pregnancy :wacko:

20. Shey

Shey Mom of 2 TTC #3

mine was 3 yrs ago