TTC together :)

Hello everyone :) loving this thread . Put up my first temp on my chart this morning . Loving the charting :)) will ye add me on ff as a friend too my user name is wantabump9 . Will set up home page now :)

Hello everyone :) loving this thread . Put up my first temp on my chart this morning . Loving the charting :)) will ye add me on ff as a friend too my user name is wantabump9 . Will set up home page now :)

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search by username yet....

Do you have a link?? If you click on share, then select get code, Then copy and paste the link to your page.

I included pictures :)

Attachments

• share link.jpg
    share link.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • link.jpg
    link.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0
I am still running on acquired free VIP days so I haven't purchased a membership yet, but you bet your honey I will tomorrow when extra check comes in. I you go to theif FB page they have a promo for $24 for a YEAR membership!!

Thanks for all the great info and tips Dancbabe89! I'll check out the FF promo for sure!

For temping, I've been doing orally the same time this cycle (didn't do so well last cycle and figured maybe that was why they were all over the place). So they're looking better this cycle, if you can believe that! I've heard about temping vaginally but honestly with my furry babies (3 dogs) and DH, not sure I could manage doing that without causing a big scene and getting my temps up while trying! :blush:

This is also the first cycle using OPKs as I thought that might help me pin down O. Most days I've been checking twice - 11am and around 7-8pm, not using FMU. So far no luck. Others have said to try ClearBlue or another type of digital OPK...so may try that eventually!

I am still running on acquired free VIP days so I haven't purchased a membership yet, but you bet your honey I will tomorrow when extra check comes in. I you go to theif FB page they have a promo for $24 for a YEAR membership!!

Thanks for all the great info and tips Dancbabe89! I'll check out the FF promo for sure!

For temping, I've been doing orally the same time this cycle (didn't do so well last cycle and figured maybe that was why they were all over the place). So they're looking better this cycle, if you can believe that! I've heard about temping vaginally but honestly with my furry babies (3 dogs) and DH, not sure I could manage doing that without causing a big scene and getting my temps up while trying! :blush:

This is also the first cycle using OPKs as I thought that might help me pin down O. Most days I've been checking twice - 11am and around 7-8pm, not using FMU. So far no luck. Others have said to try ClearBlue or another type of digital OPK...so may try that eventually!

I used Clearblue Digital this cycle and got 3 high days and 1 peak reading that lasts for 48 hours according to the clearblue lady I talked to.

It is easier because you don't have to analize lines, it gives you a circle for low, a flashy smiley face for High, and a solid face for peak. The CB lady even told me on the phone to have sex as much as I possibly can for the next 36-48 hours!! HAHA

Yeah I hear you with the furries! I have 2 german shepherds and a golden retriever. I take my temp at 5 AM! (Am I crazy?!) When everyone is still asleep and I am still laying down in bed so movement doesn't cause it to jump. Take it, record it, and go back to sleep for an hour or four! LOL

Because the shift in temperature is so small, it’s important to take your temperature at the exact same time every morning, before you get up or move.

Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: A few minutes every morning
Here's How:

1. Before you go to bed at night, place a thermometer within your reach by your bed. It’s very important that you can reach this thermometer without needing to get up or move around when you wake up. Getting out of bed, or even sitting up, will throw off your temperature and skew the results.
  2. You should take your temperature at the same time every morning, with no more than a 30 minute difference from morning to morning.
  3. When you wake up, reach for your thermometer and take your temperature.
  4. Do not get up to go to the bathroom, and don’t get up to turn off your alarm (keep that near by, too, if you can’t stand it going off while taking your temperature.)
  5. You can take your temperature orally or vaginally. It doesn’t matter which way you choose, as long as choose one and stick with it day to day. If you tend to sleep with your mouth open, taking your temperature vaginally may be better.
  6. Follow the directions for your thermometer to get the best reading. If you’re using a mercury thermometer, make sure you leave it in place long enough to get a final reading. That may take up to four or five minutes.
  7. (If you do use a mercury thermometer, be sure to shake it down before you go to bed at night. Shaking it down when you wake up can throw off your results.)
  8. After you take your temperature, write it down. Some BBT thermometers come with a memory function, which is nice, though you can use a regular thermometer. Keep a pen and paper by your bed so you can jot down your temperature and the time you woke up, until you have time to fill this information into your chart.

Tips:

• If you need to wake up extra early, or later than usual, take your temperature as you always do (without getting out of bed, right when you wake up). Mark the difference in time on your chart.
  • You need to have slept at least four straight hours for your temperature to be accurate. If you get up often at night to go to the bathroom, or have trouble sleeping, this can throw off your results. You should take your temperature anyway, and note that your sleep was interrupted on your chart.
  • Basal body temperature charting does not work for everyone. If you don’t notice a sustained rise in temperature, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you are not ovulating. Still, you should speak to your doctor.
  • While basal body temperature charting can pinpoint when ovulation occurred, it isn’t a good way to predict ovulation. Since you need to have sexual intercourse before ovulation if you want to get pregnant, you should look for other signs of ovulation so you can time sexual intercourse better. One way to predict ovulation is by tracking your cervical mucus.

How was everyone's weekend??

Well mine was ok.... spent the day shopping with family yesterday and had HORRIBLE pains that lasted literally minutes and then went away. I looked and DH and said that was really odd.

Went and bought more pg tests because I am obsessed. LOL I have been taking two a day since 8DPO. With both of my girls I found out on a Sunday before AF was due. Not very confident this cycle though because if you go look at my chart my temp dropped from

8DPO- 98.13
9DPO- 98.03
10DPO- 97.93

(slightly decreasing so figured AF was on her way)

This AM got up at 5 to take my temp it went back up to 98.23 (WHAT IS WITH ME AND 3'S????)

Took a test a 5am cuz I had to pee... Seen a very very faint line- figured it was evap and went back to bed.

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/baby/maybe.jpg
Got up at 9 and figured WTH, I heard SMU works better sometimes, let's try once more and be done for the day.... WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!?! shot from the toilet at post test 30 seconds.... and then again in the bathroom wth different backrounds :) ALL within 2 minutes

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/baby/601617_10152665909640057_588852892_n.jpg

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/baby/577576_10152665909525057_1617867669_n.jpg

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/baby/525157_10152665914675057_1447235228_n.jpg

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/baby/483277_10152665909405057_908424088_n.jpg

SO 11DPO on a Sunday just like with my girls...... :)

Dancbabe89 id it just me or do I see a faint second line?
Maybe it's just early.

Weekend is fine...want the next three weeks to fly by so i can test haha, trying not to think too much about this since it will be at least another 5 days or so until I ovulate.

Thanks for sending all the information on how to temp. Now if you have any info on how to check your cervix and mucus that would be great. Have no idea what to look for. I know its supposed to be sticky and clear (TMI), but that's about it.

It is DEF a second line!!!!!!!! And I will send more information when I get home!

Taken from several sites. :)

Tracking your cervical mucus
Not sure what cervical mucus (CM) typically looks like at various points in the menstrual cycle? These photos will give you an idea of what to look for as you track your cycle and identify your most fertile days.

You can check your cervical mucus by looking at the toilet paper after you wipe or inserting a clean finger into your vagina and reaching toward your cervix. You're likely to find more cervical mucus if you check after a bowel movement.

Check for
-consistency
-color
-any possible odor may indicate infections

Dry:
At the beginning of your cycle, prior to ovulation you will likely produce little to no cervical mucous. Also right before your period should start your cervical mucous may become dry again. If you do not notice cervical mucous you will want to record this on your chart as dry.

Egg white cervical mucus
So-called egg white cervical mucus is the most fertile of all CM types because it allows the sperm to swim easily into the cervix. Its consistency is similar to raw egg whites and it can stretch an inch or two without breaking in the middle.
https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/ttc/ewcm.png

Watery cervical mucus
Watery CM is second best for conception, after egg white CM. It allows sperm to move unhindered into the cervix, but doesn't make the sperm's job quite as easy. When you have watery CM, you may feel as though you've leaked urine in your underwear. Watery CM is clear in color and drips or runs off your fingers.
https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/ttc/watery.png

Creamy cervical mucus
Creamy CM is considered non-fertile because it greatly restricts the movement of sperm. Creamy CM can be a pearly white or creamy yellow. It's thick and feels like lotion when rubbed between the fingers.
https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/ttc/ccreamy.png

Sticky cervical mucus
Sticky or tacky CM is the least fertile. It's thick and chunky and feels kind of like paste or like glue from a glue stick, making it hard for sperm to swim through.
https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/ttc/sticky.png

To check your Cervical Position
I decided to write up a post on finding your cervix because a lot of gals have a hard time finding it. I am going to explain how I find my cervix. I get in a semi squatting position similar to what I do when I insert a tampon. You can also put one foot on the toilet or rim of your bath tub. Make sure your hands are washed first and then reach inside your vagina to try to find your cervix. Take your time and feel around. If you have to do this a few times, no big deal. It is a good idea to try to find it for the first time right after AF has ended because when you are about to ovulate it can be very hard and darn near impossible to find because it moves up so high.

Here is a great link with a really good picture of your anatomy. Learning How to Use a Speculum

https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/dancbabe89/ttc/sp_diagram.gif

See the vaginal canal and cervical os. You can see there is some space on both sides of your cervical os. You can actually reach past your cervix and feel around on both sides of it. The first time I checked for my cervix I reached right past it and it hurt. So take your time and feel around all over the inside of your vagina until you feel something fleshy with a little hole in it. If you look at the picture of a cervix, it feels just like this. I have a hard time explaining what it feels like but it feels like a little protrusion with a little hole in it. The lady on Sister Zeus describes it as feeling like a penis (it kind of does but not exactly).

When I am not fertile my cervix is really low and if I start trying to reach too far I reach right past it. Take your time and keep practicing. Feel around inside and explore until you find it. Your vagina only goes so far so if you keep feeling around you will run into it.

In Fertility Charting...:
We are looking for if the cervix is:
-High or Low or Medium
-Soft or Hard or Medium
-Open or Closed or Medium

During the beginning of the cycle, the time of menstrual bleeding, the cervix is normally low and hard and slightly open to allow the blood flow out. It feels like the tip of your nose. I normally don’t check it during menstruation, simply because of the mess. After the bleeding stops the cervix remains low and hard and the "os" - the opening to the uterus - remains closed. This will change the closer to ovulation you approach. The cervix rises up to the top of the vagina and becomes softer and softer. At the height of ovulation the cervix feels more like your lips than your nose and the internal and external os are open, to allow sperm to enter in. Sometimes the cervix seems to disappear - which, of course, it has simply become so soft it blends in with the vagina walls and rises so high that the finger cannot touch it. This is known as SHOW - soft, high, open and wet.

The time frame for this to happen varies from woman to woman. Each woman is unique, and must give herself several cycles to determine when events take place. Sometimes ovulation will start to happen, and the cervix will rise and soften and then ovulation will be delayed for some reason. I have noticed that my own cervix seems to see-saw at different points - but by acquainting yourself with all your fertile signs, you learn how to recognize each one of them.

Once ovulation occurs, the cervix drops to low and firm - once again feeling like the tip of your nose. And the os become tightly closed. (The os in a woman who has given birth vaginally will feel more open at all times because of the stretching that occurred at the birth of her baby.) This can occur immediately after ovulation, or not for several hours or days. Again, each woman is unique, and needs to find these things out over a several-month time frame.

When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the os will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times in different women. Some women may find that twelve days after ovulation their cervix will do this, and is a probable pregnancy sign. Others won’t experience this until well after the pregnancy has been confirmed.

When checking the cervix - use caution - always clean your hands and try not to do this too often - the cervix can sometimes become easily irritated. If you don’t feel comfortable charting this sign, then don’t do it. If you do, give yourself a month or two to acquaint yourself with the different changes the cervix goes through during the cycle. Some women actually use a speculum to observe the cervix.

Thanks for the Info Dancbabe89!

Congrats on HTP +!!!! Hope this one sticks and everything is good.

Dacebabe- I see you got a BFP big congrats to you!! Hope all is well.

Thank you ladies. I go to dr tomorrow so we will se how beta test goes. :)

Cant wait to hear about your appointment with the Dr. GL

Ty for making thus group! Sorry it took me so long to find it:/ how is everyone?

Congrats danc! I think im out this month but we will see, 3dpo...waiting and testing april 7th! I noticed more people were here who probably arent ttc 3. Hello to you too!

So whos where in their cycle? Anyone wanna buddy up? Id love to add a buddy or two to my siggie;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->