TTC using self insemination

kychic

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me. Me and my fiance are TTC, however there is some problems with us doing it the old fashioned way so we have decided to try self insemination at home. I got some Pre-Seed, Instead Softcups, and a 10mL syinge for this purpose. I need advice on how we should do this. Should I mix the Pre-Seed and sperm together or insert the Pre-Seed and then the sperm? I'm using OPK's and charting my temps. Advice is needed and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've done this method several times and all of this last cycle...Idk about the preseed but I've seen one chick say she just lubed up the softcup with preseed had her guy cum in the cup then inserted it. I am using softcups right now but I'm in my TWW so not a whole lot of advice yet lol good luck

I hope someone can help me. Me and my fiance are TTC, however there is some problems with us doing it the old fashioned way so we have decided to try self insemination at home. I got some Pre-Seed, Instead Softcups, and a 10mL syinge for this purpose. I need advice on how we should do this. Should I mix the Pre-Seed and sperm together or insert the Pre-Seed and then the sperm? I'm using OPK's and charting my temps. Advice is needed and greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a great site for at home insemination...Good luck and baby dust:dust:.
https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/homeinsem.html

That site has a lot of information!
Personally, what I do is insert the pre'seed, bear down to get rid of the excess (as suggested by the insert), then prop myself up on pillows and depending on whether he's home or not I either have him insert using a speculum (lubed with pre'seed), or I insert it carefully and slowly myself, moving the syringe around in a very slow circular motion to ensure i'm getting at least some exactly where it needs to go. Then I insert an instead cup, and do my best to reach orgasm (not always so easy "on demand!")...then leave the cup in for many hours. This time, I even went to work with it in.

Best of luck!!! I've heard many success stories of home insemination using husband OR donor sperm. Perhaps we'll get BFPs together :)

Well I did it Friday which was cd 14. I used fresh donor and used instead cup. Donor ejaculated in the cup and I inserted it right after. I couldn't lay right away so the cup helped keeping the sperm in place close to the cervix. After about 30 minute was able to lay down and had an orgasm which helps suck the sperm in. Had another orgasm about 3 hours later just to be safe.;) I kept the cup inside for 12 hours even if they said 3-4 would be enough. I layed down for several hours just to be safe. Only could get one sample and hoping this is my lucky time. The wait Is nerve wrecking though. Read a lot about it. And its possible just hoping it works. Donor has 3 kids all without him trying so his is good. Baby dust to all of u and please pray for me.

I did my first self insemination last night. I inserted the pre-seed first, then sperm, then inserted a instead softcup. I sat up for about 15 minutes then went to bed. I kept the softcup in for 6 hours. Looked like there was a tiny amount of semen on softcup when I removed it but I'm guessing this is normal. I wasn't able to have an orgasm but I did do some kegel exercises after inserting everything. Hopefully it worked. Good luck and baby dust to everyone.

Good luck to all of you ladies!!!
I'm 7dpo currently on this cycle...inseminated with donor sperm, pre'seed and instead cups.
In a week or so you'll be able to see if it worked. :x
I am doing my best to not test until the 28th, which is 16dpo. I'll have AF by then if I'm not pregnant, and it'll be late enough for me to not be sitting there questioning BFNs.
Anyhoo....good luck!!

well it's 4-5dpo/18cd , had a few symptoms but i think most were in my head, i'm starting to get used to the wait and kind started ignoring any cramp or feeling i have as they are normal and i'm reading to much into them, have any of you had any luck or symptoms?

We are going try this method this cycle :)!.. I am hoping it works!. It will be our first time ever doing it this way, so i am nervous!.

Has anyone had any success stories?!?!...

baby :dust: to all the ladies :)

.I recommend a practice run with water in the instead cup before the real event.

This thread is years old, but maybe some will read it now who are TTC with self insemination. i hope so - because i want to Add- that - it can work! can work really well! and is often better than IUI in a clinic, or, even depending on circumstances, regular sex. surely it is great for single women and lesbian couples.

i am now mom to twin 18 mos old and 47 yrs old. i was TTC as a single woman since i turned 40 and i DID have a FEW successes with at-home insemination both with fresh and frozen donations. (as an older woman, not every egg is good, and those few times apparently the egg was not)

i am writing into threads now, only because i SO want to SHARE with women and couples dearly wanting to conceive that there are many DIY options that cost very little and maintain your privacy and intimacy. DIY options for optimizing your chances to conceive and for at-home insemination.

so - surely the best is with the "instead cup". not just a syringe. pre-seed is an option if you do not have fertile CF, but best to get your own body's CF up to par. a woman's orgasm (at least one) AFTER the cup with seeds is well placed against the cervix is best.
DO a trial run first. so you get used to how to insert the cup without spilling. for some squatting is best, for some - lying back is best. for some, best to have the partner insert it. a trial run should be done days before you are even in your fertile window and you can use kefir. is is runny , like the semen will be, and is basically healthy for the vaginal tract in any case.
best of luck! get smart, think positive, optimize health on all levels and never give up hope.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->