• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC vitamin's & supplement's!

babyvaughan

<a href="https://lilypie.c
Reaction score
I'm taking:

Folic Acid
Multi-vita one a day gummy for adults
Fish Oil (high dose of 1200)
Vitamin D 50K (prescribed)
Enzyme's

Vega protein powder (plant based to avoid dairy)
Also adding fruits or veggies to every meal!

This is all new for me started a week ago.
Hoping it helps me conceive but if not it's
great for my body!

Any suggestions, or what are you taking?

In addition to what you're taking, I definitely think a B complex is great for TTC, and it helps with overall energy! I also upped my vitamin C with a supplement but that's because I don't get enough quality nutrition over here in China like I would back home. Are you avoiding dairy specifically for TTC, or because you don't want too much in your diet in general or are vegan? I'm just asking because I am drinking whey shakes, but am curious if too much dairy isn't a good idea when TTC for some reason...

Oh, I'm also using vitex and RRL tea, but that's because of my short luteal phase. Hoping it all works out, as this is my first month adding supplements besides my usual prenatal.

Hi both,
I'm new to TTC & supplements so I'm interested in what other people are doing. So far I'm only taking Folic Acid & Omega 3, should I take a pre-conception multi-vit as well/instead? Would it make me 'overdose' on Folic Acid & Omega 3, or can you really not take too much?
Babyvaughan - why are you taking enzymes? What do they do?
RandaPanda - why is a B vit good for TTC? Can it be taken alongside a multi-vit?
It is all confusing me right now. So many questions, sorry!

Hi only takin pregnacare conception vits
20,000 vit D (prescribed)
Like to know wat everyone else is taking

I'm taking the pregnacare TTC vitamins and DH is taking the male version. Remember that you're not supposed to take vitamin A whilst TTC (and possible whilst pregnant - I'd assume so), so be careful taking normal multivitamins x

:wave: Hi there.

I take a prenatal gummy x2 a day.
CD 3-7 I took 40mgs Soy Isoflavens in hope of a stronger ovulation. (I think it worked!)
CD 4-15 I added in some Evening Primrose to see if it would increase my CM. I'm not sure that worked but I have a whole bottle so I'll be trying it next cycle if this cycle is a bust.
I also added in some Vitamin D a few nights ago. (1000mg tabs once a night)

:)

I currently taking prenatals, fish oil, and calcium. Plus a high dose Vitamin D pill once a month since I was deficient a few months ago.

I tried Soy Isoflavones when TTC baby #2.. after over 12 months trying i was willing to try anything. I took 100mg from CD 5-9 and it worked first time. Soy iso is perfect for regulating cycles. I tried this month after 6 months ttc #3 with no success. took them CD 3-7 but didn't conceive. however had my first 28 day cycle in over 3 years!!

For those having issue's ttc, dairy & red meats are to be avoided.
I put it off for so long but now I'm doing it the best I can.

Also another huge one is caffeine. I've done months of research
so its hard to explain what they do individually but if you google. TTC diets
it's all explained.

You can get all you need from fruits & veggies, but I'm still having a little
meat here and there but I cut out milk and now drink almond milk instead.
The cow's are given hormone's and so the milk contains them which can mess
with are stable level's.

My brother in the last year transition to a vegetarian & then to vegan.
He liked meat but he was so amazed with how much better he felt and
how healthier he was that he only eats bean's, rice, fruits, and veggies now!

The enzyme's help break down your food and pull the nutrient out, I don't have a colon so I need this, and most vegetarian's take it as well but I have been taking it for a week and notice big difference in just 2 days.

I've avoided Vitex and those other one's because I do ovulate regularly so I worry about those messing it up. Most take those one's to regulate there cycles or ovulation! And several people who were regular said it messed there's up so i've avoided.

A good thing to research food wise is TTC Superfood's!

I'm taking pregnacare conception and agnus castus and starflower oil to help regulate my cycle after mc.

Hey Loo,
I'm mainly taking the b complex to make sure my hormone levels are ideal for TTC, particularly progesterone due to my short LP. Here is one of many sources about it:
https://www.conceiveeasy.com/get-pregnant/fertility-vitamins/

I definitely agree babyvaughan about the hormones in most dairy. There is some new research that says that dairy from only grass fed cows might be good for TTC because it gives you the good fats that can help boost nutrition but avoids all the crap they give those poor typical dairy cows that can then be transferred to us and mess with our systems. My whey powder is certified as coming only from grass fed cows, so I think I should be okay! And I really need the protein because I eat almost no meat over in China since so much of it is of poor quality.

I was so nervous about taking my AC (vitex) because my cycle has been a normal length 28-30 days) but just last cycle went down to 24 days, so I went ahead and took it for the first half and now progesterone cream during the second half. It hasn't done any noticeable harm yet as O'd on CD16 this month...and now fingers x'd that the progesterone cream can make my luteal phase at least 12 days :)

IMO, it's not necessary to go overboard with supplements like I am unless you start to realize that you have a fertility issue or you are soundly advised by your doctor to take some steps. For me, even though it's not the ideal situation, I'm kinda self diagnosing and treating because there are no good medical care options where I am right now and really don't want to put off TTC any longer! I also think that, if you look hard enough, you will find contradictory info for nearly every supplement and fertility advice out there! We just have to do what feels right for our own bodies and hope it gives us all some BFPs!!! :)

Yes for sure go with your body!
I knew I needed vita D because I was getting really really tired, down, and depressed.
Sure enough I was very very low! DH has the same feeling and he was even lower than I was!

That's interesting babyvaughan, are the tablets helping? I think my DH could be deficient too.

Yes they made me sick at first because of the shock to my body being so low but that only last a few days now If I forget to take my pill on the right day I can tell and I remember to go take it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"