TTC: Vitex made period late. HELP

Alisha_xo

Reaction score
So me and my fiancé are ttc ovulated late (1/19/14) i believe im 4 days late with my period today's (2/4/14) I started taking vitex (1000mg) a day I started taking that jan 28th. Didn't have cramps nor acne flares just tender bbs until a couple days ago i got this really bad cramp lasted 5 sec and white discharge came out right after took a test bfn. I now get random cramps my lower back hurts headache and i feel really tired today not sure if i conceived or if the vitex delayed af 😕 anyone have this problem? lmk thanks

Hey there! :wave: What DPO are you if you don't mind me asking? I think the only way to really know if you are pregnant is to test, although I will say when I was taking Fertility Blend (which has Vitex in it) it delayed my normal cycle by 3-4 days.

Vitex lengthened my luteal phase which was what I was trying to do but unless you are charting your bbt it can be hard to know which part of your cycle was lengthened. Most women O earlier but have a longer luteal phase but not all! I liked to chart and use opks while on vitex so I could map out the changes I was going through if you want to try that as well. Good luck and hope you get your bfp...there have been a few gals in ttc who got pregnant their first couple of cycles after taking it!

Vitex works at raising progesterone. Progesterone will lengthen your luteal phase. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it can actually be quite good if you were to become pregnant that cycle. When people take B6 to lengthen their LP, what they're really doing it taking a vitamin that mimics progesterone in women (and mice, if you read the studies :comp:). This is also why most women do not ovulate or will ovulate very late if they take B6 or progesterone during their follicular phase, since progesterone is the anti-estrogen and estrogen is needed for ovulation.

Vitex is also an adaptogen, however. So it will raise progesterone when it's supposed to, and lower it during the follicular phase. Some women do not take it after AF shows, but this isn't necessary. The herb knows what it's doing.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"