• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC while breastfeeding - anyone else?

Congratulations Wishing_well that's wonderful news!! I finally got my positive opk on Friday, which was CD25... Excited to have got that smiley face! Anyone know if it's a problem to ovulate that late though?

Congratulations Wishing_well that's wonderful news!! I finally got my positive opk on Friday, which was CD25... Excited to have got that smiley face! Anyone know if it's a problem to ovulate that late though?

Depends how long your lp is. Anything from 10 days should be ok. Good luck!

Hi ladies! I was supposed to be starting TTC #2 in August, but just last night DF and I decided to start TTC this month!! I'm on CD 2, so just starting. Congratulations Wishing_Well! Hope to see many more BFP announcements soon!

Hi ladies! I was supposed to be starting TTC #2 in August, but just last night DF and I decided to start TTC this month!! I'm on CD 2, so just starting. Congratulations Wishing_Well! Hope to see many more BFP announcements soon!

Hi! That's exciting that you're starting earlier than expected :)

I'm still BFing my 21 month old and I'm pretty sure she isn't ever going to wean herself so we may be looking at weaning in August. We stopped using protection last July so it's been almost a year with no success. I'm worried that BFing (even if it is only 1-2 times a day max) is affecting my fertility. I don't want to force her to wean before she's ready (even though I never dreamed of BFing her this long) but I also am ready to have another baby!

I'm still BFing my 21 month old and I'm pretty sure she isn't ever going to wean herself so we may be looking at weaning in August. We stopped using protection last July so it's been almost a year with no success. I'm worried that BFing (even if it is only 1-2 times a day max) is affecting my fertility. I don't want to force her to wean before she's ready (even though I never dreamed of BFing her this long) but I also am ready to have another baby!

Has AF returned? Have you tried opks or anything?

Has AF returned? Have you tried opks or anything?

Yes I've had AF regularly since LO was 4 1/2 months old. I do use OPKs every now and then but I haven't had any luck still. I don't always get true positives either. I've tried temping some but LO isn't consistently sleeping through the night yet. :wacko:

Hmm I would have thought that if you've had af back for that long you must be fertile :) But what do I know :wacko: AF returned for me at 5 months, I'm telling myself that must mean I'm ovulating lol! First month trying this month so used opks to check I was... I got a positive a few days ago but now my body's being weird and I still have what I'd call fertile cm (sorry if tmi!) so I'm worried now that I didn't actually ovulate and my body is just all confused and crazy due to bf hormones... Aaah wish I coule be a little less obsessive and just let it be!

Just took an opk this morning and got my smiley! I am on day 17 and usually didn't get one until a few days later pre baby. I'm still nursing my almost 17 month old who is showing no signs on stopping b/fing soon, although I could be done with it. I just got af back a few weeks ago for the first time in two years. Keeping my fingers crossed we get lucky and blessed with #2 soon!

Got my positive opk today, on CD18 compared to CD27 last month, woohoo! No ov pains though, so don't think I've actually ov'd yet. Hopefully later on or tomorrow, so here's hoping for a longer LP this month...

Just got a BFP this morning! Still nursing morning and evening (and was nursing through the night for most of this cycle - baby just started sleeping through the night a week ago).

Just got a BFP this morning! Still nursing morning and evening (and was nursing through the night for most of this cycle - baby just started sleeping through the night a week ago).

congrats!!!

wishing everyone else bfp's!

does anyone know if I'd ur af has returned, is regular and u o, does bf'ing have any effect on ttc? lo only nurses twice a day now, have used opks that last two months and all is well,cycle is regular....so was just wondering really!

We are working on weaning (in hopes of shorting my cycle). Last two cycles I ovulated at CD 29, and had a LP of 15... 44 day cycles are tooo damn long. We are currently down to one nursing session and its usually about 24 hours apart from one and another. So I am HOPPING that this will bring on a normal cycle.

Congrats!

congrats!!!

wishing everyone else bfp's!

does anyone know if I'd ur af has returned, is regular and u o, does bf'ing have any effect on ttc? lo only nurses twice a day now, have used opks that last two months and all is well,cycle is regular....so was just wondering really!

If you're ovulating and have a long enough luteal phase (breastfeeding can make this too short) then you shouldn't have any problems ttc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"