ttc while breastfeeding?

yazoo

Mummy of girl & angel boy
Reaction score
Has anyone here ttc while breastfeeding. My lo is 13 months and af still hasn't returned. I'm interested to hear other people's stories.

Hello,
Currently ttc 2 whilst breastfeeding my 14month old.
Cycles are still all over the place so can't see it happening yet :-(
I had af return around 8months pp however cycle lengths have been 50/60+ days. Down to 38 last month and hoping 32 this month although could be wrong.
Finding it frustrating but not going to wean ds just going to take it as it comes.
Any signs of returning fertility?

Been BF DD for 11 months now, but she began sleeping through the night from the 1st month (MIRACLE!) so AF returned 3 months PP. Wanted to wait till Sept to TTC but had unprotected sex on CD8 so currently in TWW... I'd totally forgotten the stress of the TWW! Expecting AF on 29th Jul but been having really vivid dreams plus loads of EWCM throughout the cycle so suspecting I might be preggo! Planning to test on Friday 25th. Will be 5 LOOONG days I reckon!

We are TTCing #2 and still BFing my 20month old DD. AF made a rapid return for me - 9 weeks PP!! Yes that right 9 weeks pp!! Recently removed implant and onto cycle 2. Starting to BBT this cycle as I'm not sure about O as I still feed DD through the night.

Its so different for everyone isn't it? I have had no signs of returning fertility. I thought I was ovulating a few times as I was getting pains but no AF showed up.
We have a big age gap between dd & ds so I would like a relatively small gap between ds and the next one.

Hubby and I are now ttc #2 :) I am BF my daughter who is 23 weeks on Friday :) but currently awaiting 3rd AF since having her, AF returned 2 months after giving birth despite EBF :( my cycle is about 45 days give or take, so if AF hasn't arrived by 1st August, I will be testing xx

Hello fellow ttc mummy's!
On cd 34 here no bfp or AF.... Hope it's not another looooong cycle!

Also, TTC#2 while breastfeeding. LO is 6m1wk old.

Had my first real period last July 9. I was pretty sure it was an ovulatory cycle since I had ovulation pain and heaps of fertile CM, 2 weeks before that.

I had ovulation pain yesterday, but CM's pretty dry. We Bd every other day. Fxed and baby dust to all.

Hey ladies!! So my husband and I are ready to start trying for another baby! Our son is 4 months old. I had a previous ectopic and lost my lost Fallopian tube. My husband also has 2% sperm morphology. We did get pregnant with our son naturally after the doctors telling us we only had a 1-2% chance of getting pregnant naturally! So before we decide to move on to medical procedures, we wanted to start trying naturally for at least a year! We had a lot of odds against us, but we figured if we beat the odds before, we can beat them again! Now, the only other issue lol I have not had a period either. So I am not sure when to do the deed? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Hi ladies!
My LO is 20 months, and we're still BFing, now sort of TTC/NTNP. AF didn't return for me until he was 14 months old, and they've been really long cycles (average at 38 days). He still nurses 3x a day, and I'm torn between wanting to cut out another feed to help my cycle, but also not wanting to force him to cut back before he wants to (he has a severe dairy allergy, so nursing is also easier for his diet).

Before AF returned, I had a couple months of AF/O type pains, cramping, etc. off and on. However, right before AF returned, I had no real PMS symptoms she just showed up!

P.S. I also know another mom from our playgroup got pregnant with her 2nd while BFing and before her AF even returned- there's always hope for that :)

Hey ladies!! So my husband and I are ready to start trying for another baby! Our son is 4 months old. I had a previous ectopic and lost my lost Fallopian tube. My husband also has 2% sperm morphology. We did get pregnant with our son naturally after the doctors telling us we only had a 1-2% chance of getting pregnant naturally! So before we decide to move on to medical procedures, we wanted to start trying naturally for at least a year! We had a lot of odds against us, but we figured if we beat the odds before, we can beat them again! Now, the only other issue lol I have not had a period either. So I am not sure when to do the deed? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Hello!
I'm afraid I can't really help you too much as I'm confused by my own body, I'm having very long cycles so no idea when to do the deed either!
I know it varies so much for each women, so impossible to predict :-(
But good luck and keep us updated!

My AF returned after LO start sleeping at least 5 hours straight at night.
___
I think i'm officially in the 2ww. Fxed!

Has anyone here ttc while breastfeeding. My lo is 13 months and af still hasn't returned. I'm interested to hear other people's stories.

Hello Yazoo! :hi: I remember you from second tri losses, I haven't been back to BNB for ages much, good to see you here now with your wee rainbow!

I am TTC while BF my wee rainbow too, he's just over 18 months and I didn't get AF back till 14-odd months and he started going much longer at night, quite suddenly. I would say as well that my body tried to OV twice before it did, all exactly a fortnight apart, so if you are noticing signs, it may be not too far away. I noticed a change from being very dry to having some CM for a couple of months before anything much else happened so any noticeable change in CM can be a clue too.

My DD and DS also have a massive age gap so I would like to have a small gap too this time, if there is a 'this time' ;) My age is against me though too.

Just one thing - how would you feel if your milk were to reduce significantly? I only ask because it happened to me about the 3rd cycle and I was distraught, I was so not ready to wean but managed to battle it back up again. Of course I had myself convinced I was pregnant but I wasn't. It did open my eyes a bit though to how quickly it can drop in some people though through hormones, so I'm pretty sure if I do get pregnant I'll lose it quite fast. It may not be the same for you at all but it's something to think about - I was quite surprised with how strong my feelings were when it happened!

All the very best, I wish you all the luck and dust in the world xxx

bf my 18 month old still no af :( not going to wean till she is ready x

Baby is fussing when on the boob. Is this a good sign?

mine is fussy now but i think thats just because she is getting older gud luck x

I EBF my DD and DH and I are NTNP and strongly considering actively TTC again.

Hi ladies. I just found out I'm pregnant with number 6. The third while breastfeeding. Two of those I hadn't had a period first. All breastfed babies were under six months and feeding through the night. I swear by vitex!!
Anyway, just wanted to give you all a little hope.
Good luck!
Ps I read somewhere that you'll get pregnant when lo is ready to share you. I like that thought!

ssjad-CONGRATS!!!! Aww I like that thought too!! What is Vitex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->