Ttc while breastfeeding

Pinkcasi

Reaction score
Hiya I've been away from b&b for a while now, I had my lg 15 months ago and I've been happily breastfeeding her, she is my wonderful rainbow baby and I just love that I can soothe and nourish her.
I'm now wanting to try for number 2 but at hasn't returned yet as I'm nursing on demand, Stella only nurses when tired or upset, but we co sleep and she feeds in the night.
I have just started taking agnus castus as I've been told it helps to regulate your cycle so I'm hoping it will kick start my cycles.
Is anyone else also ttc while bf'ing or have you done it? Any tips for me please, I'm 36 now so don't really have time on my side and I really don't want to wean my daughter before were both ready.
Thanks

I'm breastfeeding and ttc too. Luckily I had my first af back 2 weeks ago so this is my first official cycle ttc.
I think everyone's threshold for what it takes for AF to return is very different. With y first it came back at 6 months but was irregular for the first few months.
I hope this time I get back to a regular cycle again.
But I managed to get pg while breastfeeding my first and I breastfed through pregnancy for the first 3 months so it's very possible. Funnily enough when I conceived- I was feeding more in the day time than I had been a few months previously, but still conceived.
I was hoping to stop breastfeeding when my dd turns 1 which is mid April but we will see! I love feeding a newborn but my almost 11 month old bites and wriggles and it's losing it's charm for me I feel!
I also take b6 for hormone balance which I think helped me the first time and I have heard that they can help lengthen your luteal phase as breastfeeding can shorten it I think!
I wasn't ready to sacrifice my breastfeeding to conceive with my first daughter either but even the slightest change on your pattern of feeding can sometimes kick start your periods.

Thanks for the reply, it's good to know it is possible, I really like the idea of tandem feeding and the more I think about it the more I really want to be pregnant again, I really hope this agnus castus helps to kick start my cycles.
Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"