TTC while still breastfeeding

swampmaiden

Reaction score
My lo is nearly 10 months old, and my so & I had planned to wait till she was a year old before ttc#2. However, I still haven't gotten my period yet! I want to bf as long as lo wants, but I also don't want to wait forever for af to return, as I'm already almost 35.

How many of you were able to conceive while still bf?

I'm still bfing, my son is 15months. However my period returned about 2 weeks after my pp bleed stopped. That did go on for about 3 months though.
They say that the less your Lo feeds, the more likely you will get your period back. Google breastfeeding as contraception. There is some really good information there xx
Best of luck to you

I took black cohosh to get my period back, impatient me! :haha:

I had just finished breastfeeding though. It only took 4 capsules of 100 mg of black cohosh over 3 days to get my period! My LO was 9 months when I did that! You might be able to take black cohosh while BF, it's worth researching! Xx

I'm still breastfeeding, LO is 4 1/2 months. I'm thinking about starting to TTC but don't want to stop breastfeeding so any tips gratefully received! :)

I don't think it's likely but I have a friend who conceived her second while she was still breastfeeding. They had wanted to wait a little longer but that wasn't how it happened.

I read a remarkable article online claiming the best way to return to fertility while breastfeeding is to eat alot of food, especially high protein & fats. This is how you tell your body it's okay to have another kid, the first one wont die if it gets pregnant with another. Huh and all this time I've been trying to lose weight lolol

My little boy is 8 months and I'm on my second cycle of TTC baby number 2. He feeds 2 hourly day and night and he doesn't have a bottle or dummy. However my periods returned at 3 months pp and I'm ovulating (confirmed by ovulation test) so hoping to fall pregnant soon. Some get theirs periods quickly like me, some once they start solids, some when they night wean and some not until they stop breastfeeding all together. How often is your little one feeding?

I'm still bfing my 15 month old, af returned when she was 13 months but my cycles have been really long. Waiting for af to come in a few days and then we're going to start ttc #2, will keep you posted!

LO is feeding 2 hourly and is just starting solids. I had 1 period at 3 months but nothing since. She is now 4 1/2 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->