ttc with health issues, anyone else?

magicwhisper

Reaction score
Hey there, I am 21 and ttc number one. I have been trying for nearly 5 months. I live in south England with my fiancee who is 21 and our 3 month old fur baby Timothy.

I have epilepsy which I was born with which I am on anti seizure medication for.i also have ibs which I take medication for. As well as this I suffer from migraines.

I was wondering if anyone else was in a simular boat to me? Who are ttc with health problems.

Sorry to barge in :)
I know I know you from other threads, so thought it'd be okay to pop in and add my two pence :)

My DH has epilepsy, and is only long term medication for it. I know a little about TTC with epilepsy; have you spoken to your GP about TTC? As anti-epileptic meds can cause birth defects.

As far as I'm aware, I don't think the meds causes infertility in females, but I know they often do in men. This is why DH's and mine only option was to go through IVF.

I know it's not entirely relevant, but I hope it helps! :flower:

hello there, yeah we are off to the doctors for a high dose of folic acid. Luckily the meds i am on has the lowest percentage of birth defects which is good

Ahh that's really great news! I know that Epilim is really bad! And there's a lot of newspaper and journal articles about it.
Fingers crossed it won't be long until your BFP :)

I have epilepsy and IBS (which has now turned to Crohns Disease) and was on 5mg folic acid. I have a 19 month old and he didnt suffer from the medication, I was monitored closely though!

oh wow hello,
thank you so much,
i just got my bfp and like you i have been put on 5mg folic acid. i was wondering if anything would affect my little miracle. you have reasured me.

i am glad your lo was ok in the end he looks adorable too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->