TTC with J-Pouch

kayp

Reaction score
Hi, ladies!

It's been a hot minute since I've last been on this forum. It really gave me a lot of peace of mind when I was TTC #1 seven years ago, so I'm back now that I'm trying to TTC #2!

I conceived on our very first try with DS, but a lot has changed since then. I've got ulcerative colitis and have since had a three-stage operation to remove my large intestine. I now have a j-pouch. My surgeon wrapped my uterus and falopian tubes in some sort of film during the surgeries to help preserve my fertility. My boyfriend and I have never used protection in our two year relationship (yikes—I know) and I haven't had any pregnancy scares yet. We're now at the point of wanting to get married soon and want to TTC as soon as possible, since he wants two more children and I'll be 32 this year. My surgeon gave me an estimate that about 50% of women that have j-pouch surgery end up infertile, so I'm super anxious that I'll be one of the unlucky ones. That's where you all come in. Please help me stay sane and optimistic, lol.

I'm currently on CD7 and the last day of AF. My cycles are between 30-35 days long. I'm pretty good at tracking my CM, but that's really the only thing I have experience with.

Our plan is to BD every other day until my fertile CM disappears. Anyone else want to buddy up and keep each other company? Also, if anyone has experience with TTC/being pregnant with a j-pouch, that would be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->