TTC with no cycle back due to breastfeeding

flyingduster

Reaction score
Anyone else in this boat???

Personally I'm not interested in weaning to force my body to ovulate; it will in time. My first baby had his second birthday when we decided to TTC despite not having my cycle back. I took a pregnancy test a month later and was pregnant. Now #2 is 21 months old and we face the same thing; still no cycle back but wanting to TTC.

So adding up the pregnancies as well, it's been nearly 5.5 years since I had a period! I have NOTHING to go by here!! Flying blind. It might take months and months and months before I ovulate, let alone conceive. Or I could be pregnant already. Who friggen knows!? It does my head in.

Oh honey I'm sending you jig hugs. For me it's just AF talking but I'm super jealous of not having a visit for 5.5 years! I totally understand why you would be confused and frustrated though xxx
You certainly don't have to wean at all.

For me, I got my first AF two weeks after my PP bleed stopped, which went for just over 3 months (I was not impressed, lol :haha: )
So I can't give you advice on that. What I can suggest though is to start taking OPK's and try basal body temping (if your babes' sleeping patterns allow). There are certain ways you can get an accurate chart with odd sleeping patterns though xx
You could even go and visit your GP, or even better a naturopath, who will be able to assist you in getting AG started and hormones regulated.
I'm currently struggling with a short luteal phase as I'm still breastfeeding. I'm going to self wean so stopping bfing isn't an option for me. It took me 7 months of TTC before I started BBT and realised my LP defect. It started out at 8 days. I started taking Vitex halfway through cycle #9 and when last cycle finished (#10) I'd gotten my LP from 8 days to 10!

Sorry for the novel sweetheart. Lots of love and :dust: to you ❤️❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->