TTC with Ovarian Cyst

bonniebeams

Reaction score
Hello,

So a couple months ago, the hubs and I started ttc. The very first month I thought we were super lucky and already got pregnant. I had all the symptoms, and then when it was time for AF to show up, it didn't! However, all my tests were BFN's.

Finally AF showed up, ten days late, even though I am normally very regular.

To make a long story short, after a series of pokes, prods, and tests, it has been concluded I have a 3.5cm x 3.0cm x 3.0cm ovarian cyst.

So here we are, and I was expecting AF three days ago (according to my regular cycle), but no such luck.

Has anyone else had to deal with their cycles being off because of a cyst? How long did it take for them to return to normal (if they ever did)? I have an appointment with the obgyn tomorrow and I plan to ask her all my questions, but I'm just nervous about ttc with a cyst, and confused as to what this all means as far as fertility is concerned.

We had to stop ttc this last month while they did all their tests, but I plan to start this month again if the doc gives me a green light. Any information would be appreciated!! :thumbup:

Hi bonniebeams :)

I have a big ovarian cyst on my left ovary. It is more than 6 cm so very big. I have been ttc for 8 months, my cycles are regular and I seem to ovulate but I am dealing with a very short luteal phase that might be because of the cyst somehow affecting my progesterone production. They are not sure and my blood results showed nothing abnormal. So far my doctor has not wanted to do anything but I hope a little bubs will stay with us soon (before I lose my mind completely :haha:)

Do you know if you ovulate? Are you temping and/or using opk´s?

:hugs:

I haven't started temping or using opks, but only because we were trying for one month before all this happened. I have a package of opks which I plan to start next cycle.

Do you use both opk and temping? Have you had the cyst for eight months?? How did they find it? Regular exam/ultrasound/ct scan? Does it cause you any symptoms or pain or anything?

I had serious bloating and pain for about two months, and it's just now starting to go away. That's why I went to the doc in the first place, I wasn't sure what was going on. :shrug:

What does your doc say about your short luteal phase?

It's so crazy how people's bodies can react to something so different. I have a cyst half the size of yours and it throws off my entire cycle, and yours is completely normal for you! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->