TTC with PCOS..advice on ovulation?

Mummy2aStar

Eva & Layla's mummy xx
Reaction score
hey,

Can anyone help? Im trying to convieve (last time) I have PCOS and periods are irregular...can anyone help on how to look out for ovualtion with this condition please? I dont ever seem to get the EWCM unless im actually on my period. My period comes between every 4- 6 Weeks.*

Are OPKs advisable with this?? I have been pregnant before (2 FT, 4 losses's) So i know i can get pregnant, i'm just wondering if any ladies can give me advice on ovualtion signs or how to know when im ovualtating !!
thanks guys xx

With PCOS, the best way to confirm ovulation is with temping. The OPKs aren't as reliable with PCOS....lots of false positives unfortunately. That being said, try both temping and the opks at the same time. You will be able to tell on your chart if they work for you or not....once ovulation is detected on your chart with the temp rise, see if it lines up with any positive opks you might have gotten.

WSS :flower: opk's might not work for you, but I have PCOS and they did actually work for me, but I always backed it up with temping to confirm ovulation, so that's probably your best bet.

Hello :)

I have PCOS as well and I used OPK's and temping to catch ovulation. With PCOS you do tend to have higher levels of LH running through your system monthly so you tend to have clear lines on your OPK's pretty much all the time. I always get pretty dark lines but I never got a true blaring positive unless I was about to ovulate. I bought my OPK's from here - https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/ and they are fairly cheap which allowed me to test almost all cycle long! Backing up the OPK's with temping is ideal because it will confirm that you have ovulated!

Good luck!

Thanks girls. How do.you do the tempreture on fertility froemds? Mines always about 33 degrees in the morning and it's too low to chart Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->