TTC with PCOS can this help ?

monnie38

Reaction score
Ok i dont know if this will help women in the US but it might help in the UK !

basically i have found in the US there is something sold called Pregnitude, this is given mainly to women with irregular cycles and PCOS.

Pregnitude basically is a B6 vitamin called inositol.

for people with PCOS this vitamin can:

Improves egg quality and thus increases the probability of a successful pregnancy.
Increases probability of ovulation so that you can become pregnant sooner.
Help a fat-clogged liver to unclog itself. (Fat clogged livers are a problem for roughly 50% of women with PCOS).
Can reduce acne and hirsutism (excessive hair growth).
Can relieve depression and mood disorders.
Improves appetite balance.
If you're taking birth control pills to manage PCOS, you will get better results if you also take inositol.
Helpful for postmenopausal women who have metabolic syndrome (similar to PCOS).
Reduces insulin resistance and testosterone, which brings all your other hormones into a better balance.

now the issue i have found is its fairly hard to et hold of in the UK i dont know why ?

i have found on a few protein websites you can buy inositol pure and on its own, or you can buy it mixed with other vitamins. at the moment i am unsure what one i am going to buy. im going to compare the labels of pregnitude and see what best fits.

but i think its worth a go ! what do you think ?

iv included some links to research on its effects;

https://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/myo-inositol.html

https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/supplements/inositol-and-pcos/#comment-2911

Interesting I'm about to enter a clinical trial for pcos this week I wonder if that's what they'll be using

I have been taking it for a couple weeks now. I think the studies are really promising. I am still taking it with my Metformin, but I hope to be going off that soon and just taking inositol. I take the GNC brand with a prenatal and a D3 supplement.

I started Pregnitude this cycle. Recommended by my Doc. I am hoping for great results.

I was able to order mine at a local pharmacy. Took 2 days to get and cost about $40. I later found it on Amazon. Can you order from Amazon in UK?

we cant get pregnitude in the uk !

in the uk i have found something called inofolic which sounds exactly the same

i can find inositol powder , im guessing thats exactly the same. can anyone type up the ingredients for me from the pregnitude?

as far as i can find on line its folic acid and inisotol

if thats the case ill carry on with my folic acid and buy the powder?

those of you who have started, how are you finding it "?

Yes that is all it is. I take them that way because it is so much cheaper.

Pregnitude is:

Folic Acid 200mcg
Myo-Inosital 2000mg

Interesting.. I will have to keep this in mind. Does it help with low progesterone ??

Currently ttc# 2 with vitex after 16 long months of ttc #1
Got pregnant with first cycle on Vitex last time and I'm hoping it works this time too

thansk ladies,

i already take my folic acid so today i started on inositol the pills i got are 650mg so im taking 2 in the morning and 1 at night

According to ff and my previous data I should ov between cd22-cd32 today is cd18 and I got a high on my cbfm and a flashing smiley on the cb opk .

And to complete that thread, I got my static smiley on cd19 and my peak on cd19 and today cd20 I had my temp drop. Congratulations inositol you got my cycle shorter by 7 days in just 5 days of taking it!!!

Where did you get your tablets from in the end monnie? I've got pcos and I'm using progesterone cream with added estrogen, 4 days into using it I got a positive opk and I know I wasn't due to ovulate that soon as my cycles are quite long. Thinking I need to trying supplements aswell.

Sounds like great results. This is only my first month ttc, I was lucky enough to conceive my son without even trying, I did lose 4 stone though. Struggling with my weight at the moment, just over a stone heavier now. Really need to lose weight fast!!!

mine are from holland and barrat they are in a blue tub and are just called inositol, they are 650mg so i take 2 in the morning and 1 at night !

Ok great, I will have a look in Holland and Barrett tomorrow. Thanks xx

your welcome,

please come back and let me know how you get on id be really interested to find out, as in the US this is common practice however noone in the uk has ever mentioned it to me

Will do, willing to try anything if it's going to help me conceive. Good luck, hope you get your bfp vert soon. X

Monnie, I read that they recommend a dose of 4g, which would work out about 7 tablets a day...what do you think?

I'm going to pop to Holland and Barrett today/tomorrow to buy them as my af should be arriving today so will be in time for my next cycle. Hoping it shortens my cycle aswell as they can be terrible long.

https://www.pcosdietsupport.com/supplements/inositol-and-pcos/

I'd like to know that too.. I mean it seems they did get pregnant but was it the inositol? Would be appreciated if you ladies could give an update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->