TTC with PCOS

Loretta Lynn

Reaction score
Hey everyone! this is my first post in here as i am just searching for anyone who may be able to shed some insight on my situation! I was diagnosed with PCOS this past August after TTC for almost a year and a half with no success. I spent a few months charting my cycles (my dr. is a Creighton Method doctor) and I took my first cycle on clomid (25mg) in December with no luck. He bumped me up to 50mg this month (January) and I started a series of follicular ultrasounds. My first ultrasound was done on CD 7 and showed 2 follicles at 7mm and 9mm. My second ultrasound was on CD13 and showed a follicle at 15mm. I had my 3rd ultrasound today (CD18) and the follicle was gone! The tech said there was a little space that looked like it's where the follicle could have been and she seemed to think i may have ovulated. I did have a positive OPK yesterday (i had never gotten a positive in the past) but I just don't know what to think! The nurse came out and talked to me (the dr. wasn't there) and asked if I had any discharge in the past few days (i didn't) and she said because i didn't have discharge she doesn't think I ovulated. Is this true? Hoping for any insight/advice!
thanks!!

Hey I started taking clomid 50mg in December also...I am now in the tww for this month....for some reason I thought that clomid can make you have less cm?? not sure... but hopefully we can be cycle buddies!!!

hope you get your BFP!!!

It is true that clomid can affect your cm...typically it can dry you up. If you had a +OPK yesterday then there is a pretty good chance that you O'd sometime over night or this morning prior to your appointment! Did they take any blood work or do they plan to? When I took clomid they always did CD21 bloodwork to check if I O'd or not. My guess is that you are in your TTW! Good luck to both of you ladies :)

Thanks ladies! I hope that it's just the clomid that is preventing me from noticing any discharge but honestly i've always had pretty dry cycles. My doctor actually called me tonight after I posted this thread and told me that he is pretty certain that I did ovulate! The DH and I have been having BMS every other day for the past week or so.. I really hope this is it! It has been a long almost 2 year wait and I'm starting to give up hope that I will ever have a baby of my own :nope:

Kaylah I hope we both get our BFP's this month!!

Good luck!!

Good luck! I really hope you did ovulate. I'm currently taking my first round of Clomid of 50mg, also have PCOS. As for the discharge question, I really think it depends on the person. I cant ever tell with discharge if I ovulated or not because from CD7 through to the beginning of my next cycle my discharge is exactly like what they say it is when you are ovulating! Although I have been told things might change with Clomid. Anyway, all the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->